GDT: Yotes @ Jackets 4/8/14 4PM AZ: Just Win Baby!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So if Nashville can win in regulation, we still have a chance at being less awful than Dallas and backing right into the playoffs to be destroyed by some team that's even half decent.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
So if Nashville can win in regulation, we still have a chance at being less awful than Dallas and backing right into the playoffs to be destroyed by some team that's even half decent.

Correct.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

Yes.

If we do though, the fickle casual fans in this town may be more inclined to come watch a team that "made the playoffs" last year.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'm under the assumption that if we don't make the playoffs, the Owners/GMDM will make greater changes than if we do happen to squeak into the playoffs.

I want the big changes...I want to see GMDM be more aggressive.

And with the play of Summers and contracts for Schlemko, let's trade an great asset like Gormley/Asset for a 1st line player.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yes.

If we do though, the fickle casual fans in this town may be more inclined to come watch a team that "made the playoffs" last year.

Yeah, and we'll get at least two games of bonus revenue. It's worth it. I'm not rooting against it. What better audition opportunity? I want to see if ANYONE can actually step up and force their way onto the roster next season by actually playing like they give a damn in the post-season.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
hell of a game, congratulations on the point. I don't think I've ever seen refs swallow their whistles like that in a regular season game. OEL's got an edge to his game, I like it, he going to be a special one. Good luck, hope you squeeze in. If us beating Dallas tomorrow night will help, I'm all for it :)

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
cmon Perds

goperds1.jpg

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I'm glad there was a point in there for you guys. Hopefully, we can beat Dallas in regulation tomorrow and help you get in that last wildcard spot. Columbus gets a lot of the same abuse about not deserving a team. It gets old and would be awesome to see both teams get a playoff run going. Good luck!

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I would hope they aren't that fickle.

Owner: Are we happy with the roster?

GMDM: Well, if Dallas loses its last two games, we're fine where we're at roster-wise. If they manage to win one or two, then we're blowing it up....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->