Rumor: Yotes and Hjalmarsson have agreement

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Dude is an absolute warrior. Even if his body gives out on him, he's the kinda guy you can't even blame at this point. Kinda like Kronwall in that sense.

Good term and signing IMO

Reactions: kanucks25

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Who are all these players that didn't want to leave Arizona?

Most of them?

Who's the last player that was banging down the door to get out of here? Turris in 2011?

Quite a number of Coyotes who were traded or let go said publicly they didn't want to leave and some even returned.
Vrbata (twice)
Vermette
Morris (twice)
Ribeiro even used his NTC to kill a deal that would send him to Calgary.
Doan of course.

And with 2 pretty good sized extensions in OEL and Hjalmarsson this offseason.
Signing Goligoski after trading for his rights.

The main point is that there's this narrative out there that the Coyotes can't retain their players and it's basically bunk.

Most of the players they've let go over the recent years have been due to rebuilding or decline in play.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Who are all these players that didn't want to leave Arizona?

Why don't you name the ones that wanted to leave so we can shoot that full of holes. SniperHF already covered the ones that loved AZ and wanted to stay.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
That's five players you listed, and if it such a grand place to be, then how come no big name free agents ever go there?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
That's five players you listed, and if it such a grand place to be, then how come no big name free agents ever go there?

Like Ladd, Backes, or Lucic? There's smart money and stupid money. The Coyotes will never have the money to be stupid. They've gone out and traded for the rights/signed guys they've wanted, like Goligoski. But your original argument was that nobody wants to play in AZ but that's proven to be categorically false.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Like Ladd, Backes, or Lucic? There's smart money and stupid money. The Coyotes will never have the money to be stupid. They've gone out and traded for the rights/signed guys they've wanted, like Goligoski. But your original argument was that nobody wants to play in AZ but that's proven to be categorically false.

I said big free agents, not free agents. None of the guys you mentioned are big time players!

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I said big free agents, not free agents. None of the guys you mentioned are big time players!

So who are the big time ufas then if the likes of Ladd/Backes/Okposo dont count

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
So who are the big time ufas then if the likes of Ladd/Backes/Okposo dont count

Stamkos/Tavares/Karlsson next year and similar level players, I honestly didn't think that was too hard to figure out.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Stamkos/Tavares/Karlsson next year and similar level players, I honestly didn't think that was too hard to figure out.

Well then I guess you can lump in Buffalo, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Vancouver, NY Islanders, etc ... 2/3 of the league in with Arizona because those teams have no shot at that talent when they hit UFA too

JeiJeieL

Jun 15, 2015
Kemi, Finland

First of all, Stamkos was never free agent. He resigned with Tampa two days before the start of free agency.

And how many even close to Tavares-level free agents can you name?

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Total respect for this player, true playoff warrior, im happy to see him get a nice contract he’s earned it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad