Rumor: Yohe heard from this guy who knows the kid who saw Bryzgalov pass out at 31 flavors.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sometimes they go rogue. Heh, rogue Rossi.

Rossi: That's not really Russian, my source tells me you're both actually from Portugal.

Rossi's sources, Yohe's observations, Elmer keeping Letang's seat (and the donut table) warm, the basket case between the pipes, and now potentially Bryz.

How can you not be entertained? :laugh:

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
They're Pens PR people for all intents and purposes.

i think they're worse than PR sycophants - over the summer it seemed like Rossi was actively trying to undermine the Letang contract talks.

they are clueless hacks, but i don't think they're doing the Pens any favors.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
i think they're worse than PR sycophants - over the summer it seemed like Rossi was actively trying to undermine the Letang contract talks.

they are clueless hacks, but i don't think they're doing the Pens any favors.

I'll rephrase. The only time they know something is when the Pens want them to know something, and that never includes potential or impending deals.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Rossi's sources, Yohe's observations, Elmer keeping Letang's seat (and the donut table) warm, the basket case between the pipes, and now potentially Bryz.

How can you not be entertained? :laugh:

You can't not be.

The random injuries to stars, the stubborn fool behind the bench, the teammates taking each other out and the intervention to get Despres to Over Eaters Anonymous is coming up. It's like Shakespeare, or some new reality show.

Bryz might actually be too much stimulation. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You can't not be.

The random injuries to stars, the stubborn fool behind the bench, the teammates taking each other out and the intervention to get Despres to Over Eaters Anonymous is coming up. It's like Shakespeare, or some new reality show.

Bryz might actually be too much stimulation. :laugh:

In The Room would become must see TV. :laugh:

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
I don't HATE this. Like, there's no way that he can be worse than Zatkoff, right?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I want a 1yr/1mil contract soooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!

That would be absolutely epic. Oh the trolling...OH!

Dat first Pens-Flyers game...

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
it takes a special kind of goalie to start in front of a team who will leave him hanging out to dry on at least 4 or 5 breakaways a game and who has only a passing interest in defense.

Bear goalie is not that special goalie.

I do think that he, and Fleury for that matter, could thrive in a defensive oriented system. On the Pens though? Same issues as he had on the Flyers, if not worse.

What the Hell team is this? It isn't Pittsburgh.

They gave up that many breaks and semi-breaks in the entire Islanders series and they have Grabner, who burns the Pens defense more than anyone. I have never seen Bryzgalov in the butterfly facing the end boards, a foot off the post. So he's got that going for him, which is nice.

No way. Okposo had one...Tavares split the D once....there might have been one more in game 6, but that's it. Capuano barely used Grabner. He had him on a checking line.

If you'd like to see 4 or 5 breakaways per game against, I'd direct you to the Buffalo Sabres local feed.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I want a 1yr/1mil contract soooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!

That would be absolutely epic. Oh the trolling...OH!

Dat first Pens-Flyers game...

Bryz might take a min deal. He's already getting paid.

But, as epic as the initial trolling will be, imagine what happens when the new nut outplays the incumbent nut before Fleury returns, because you KNOW that will happen . . . :laugh:

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Just had a vision of Geno and Bryz busting on Rossi in Russian. :laugh:

Beautiful thought.

All serious now, if Vokoun gives the appearance of wanting to come back and his recovery is encouraging, of course Shero will go with Zatkoff in the interim.

But if Vokoun is in the balance, fact is that Bryz is clearly the best free agent goalie available.
So, provided we're talking one year deal at an agreeable cap-hit, how is that not a good idea?
There are risks associated with betting on Fleury already, betting in Vokoun coming back - and certainly also betting on Zatkoff cutting it.
Bryz at his worst is terrible, but he is also awesome at his best and NHL starter quality on the vast majority of nights. With the right contract it seems a low risk high reward gamble relative to the available alternatives. And of course, if it goes wrong there is a definite tragicomical dimension there that should appeal to all :).

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Beautiful thought.

All serious now, if Vokoun gives the appearance of wanting to come back and his recovery is encouraging, of course Shero will go with Zatkoff in the interim.

But if Vokoun is in the balance, fact is that Bryz is clearly the best free agent goalie available.
So, provided we're talking one year deal at an agreeable cap-hit, how is that not a good idea?
There are risks associated with betting on Fleury already, betting in Vokoun coming back - and certainly also betting on Zatkoff cutting it.
Bryz at his worst is terrible, but he is also awesome at his best and NHL starter quality on the vast majority of nights. With the right contract it seems a low risk high reward gamble relative to the available alternatives. And of course, if it goes wrong there is a definite tragicomical dimension there that should appeal to all :).

If it actually happened, then you know Bryz would outplay Fleury, because anything else would deprive us of the full comic potential, right? ;)

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
If it's going to be another season of Bylsma's usual, then we may as well be entertained. Psychological warfare Bryzgalov style, Bryz with the Pittsburgh media, Bryz with Bylsma, etc. I also think he has a better chance of not being an embarrassment than Fleury. Bring the Bryz!

If Vokoun is really done then I'd prefer to trade for someone like Reimer, or to replace Fleury in general.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If it's going to be another season of Bylsma's usual, then we may as well be entertained. Psychological warfare Bryzgalov style, Bryz with the Pittsburgh media, Bryz with Bylsma, etc. I also think he has a better chance of not being an embarrassment than Fleury. Bring the Bryz!

If Vokoun is really done then I'd prefer to trade for someone like Reimer, or to replace Fleury in general.

Why does everyone on this board want to trade for Reimer?

In what world does that solve ANYTHING!?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'd be ok with this. He had 2 bad years in Philly, it does not erase how good he was before that.

If he out plays Fleury this year, the problem of "Who do we go after now?" is solved.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I'd be ok with this. He had 2 bad years in Philly, it does not erase how good he was before that.

If he out plays Fleury this year, the problem of "Who do we go after now?" is solved.

He was a product of Phoenix's system.

One could just as easily say that his 3 good years in Phoenix do not erase how bad he is now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->