Rumor: Yohe heard from this guy who knows the kid who saw Bryzgalov pass out at 31 flavors.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
it takes a special kind of goalie to start in front of a team who will leave him hanging out to dry on at least 4 or 5 breakaways a game and who has only a passing interest in defense.

Bear goalie is not that special goalie.

I do think that he, and Fleury for that matter, could thrive in a defensive oriented system. On the Pens though? Same issues as he had on the Flyers, if not worse.

In your mind you honestly believe the Pens give up 4-5 breakaways a game?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
it takes a special kind of goalie to start in front of a team who will leave him hanging out to dry on at least 4 or 5 breakaways a game and who has only a passing interest in defense.

Bear goalie is not that special goalie.

I do think that he, and Fleury for that matter, could thrive in a defensive oriented system. On the Pens though? Same issues as he had on the Flyers, if not worse.

our defense is head and shoulders better than the Flyers has been since Bryz got there.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
In your mind you honestly believe the Pens give up 4-5 breakaways a game?

They gave up that many breaks and semi-breaks in the entire Islanders series and they have Grabner, who burns the Pens defense more than anyone. I have never seen Bryzgalov in the butterfly facing the end boards, a foot off the post. So he's got that going for him, which is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

penguins2946*

Yohe is talking about Bryz on twitter, and oh god, it's pissing me off. His last tweet deals with how Bryz is a bad locker room guy, and he's probably not who Fleury needs around. Oh, just shut the hell up. Fleury has been babied his entire career on the Pens. Saying that they shouldn't bring him in because "golden boy's feelings may get hurt" is freaking stupid. Obviously babying him hasn't worked, so maybe a goalie that will tell him off will work. The Pens need a backup goalie that will kick Fleury in the ass, not one that will hug him and reassure him that everything will be fine and he will still be the starter.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yohe is talking about Bryz on twitter, and oh god, it's pissing me off. His last tweet deals with how Bryz is a bad locker room guy, and he's probably not who Fleury needs around. Oh, just shut the hell up. Fleury has been babied his entire career on the Pens. Saying that they shouldn't bring him in because "golden boy's feelings may get hurt" is freaking stupid. Obviously babying him hasn't worked, so maybe a goalie that will tell him off will work. The Pens need a backup goalie that will kick Fleury in the ass, not one that will hug him and reassure him that everything will be fine and he will still be the starter.

Apparently, one only can tweet about Elmer's donut addiction.

And Yohe's 'heard nothing about it' might amount to a hill of beans if he and the rest of his Pens PR media ilk ever heard anything about any impending move from Shero. :laugh:

Here's another one from a different Flyers media chick: https://twitter.com/sbaickerCSN

Sarah Baicker ‏@sbaickerCSN 29m
Bryzgalov enthusiasts: I wouldn't get carried away with all the Bryz-to-Pittsburgh rumors.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
On a related note, how are Yohe (and Rossi) qualified for their job?

I am assuming that neither of them have ever played hockey. Did they go to journalism school?

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
I will believe it when I see it.

You have clearly never seen the light.

ilya-bryzgalov-cant-remember.jpg

BYZ.jpg

FRrL7.jpg

edit: Just give him the 'C'. **** Crosby.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
On a related note, how are Yohe (and Rossi) qualified for their job?

I am assuming that neither of them have ever played hockey. Did they go to journalism school?

They're Pens PR people for all intents and purposes. As I wrote earlier, I remember the Gogo for Neal and Nisky thing. People here were speculating that something could be coming. I saw a few people on twitter based in Dallas who knew people affiliated with the Stars saying a deal already happened that involved Neal and Gogo and an announcement would be coming any time. At precisely that moment, people like Rossi and Yohe were saying nothing was happening, that they hadn't heard anything. These guys know only what Ray Shero wants them to know.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They're Pens PR people for all intents and purposes. As I wrote earlier, I remember the Gogo for Neal and Nisky thing. People here were speculating that something could be coming. I saw a few people on twitter based in Dallas who knew people affiliated with the Stars saying a deal already happened that involved Neal and Gogo and an announcement would be coming any time. At precisely that moment, people like Rossi and Yohe were saying nothing was happening, that they hadn't heard anything. These guys know only what Ray Shero wants them to know.

Hey, hey, hey, they also know what they make up. :rant:

Bryz with this group would make for hilarity though.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hey, hey, hey, they also know what they make up. :rant:

Bryz with this group would make for hilarity though.

No, hilarity would be watching Shero trying to figure out what to do if/when Bryz outplayed Fleury once Vokoun got back. ;)

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
No, hilarity would be watching Shero trying to figure out what to do if/when Bryz outplayed Fleury once Vokoun got back. ;)

:laugh:

Nah, it would be Bylsma that would be hilarious if Bryz outplayed Fleury.

Fleury - Pens veteran, useless, youngest, overpaid, North American, could have lost Bylsma his job
Vokoun - The oldest, the best of the 3, European, has saved Bylsma's job and could again
Bryzgalov - Age in the middle, new guy, Russian, could save Bylsma's job

Instinctively he would be drawn to Fleury, but self preservation...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
:laugh:

Nah, it would be Bylsma that would be hilarious if Bryz outplayed Fleury.

Fleury - Pens veteran, useless, youngest, overpaid, North American, could have lost Bylsma his job
Vokoun - The oldest, the best of the 3, European, has saved Bylsma's job and could again
Bryzgalov - Age in the middle, new guy, Russian, could save Bylsma's job

Instinctively he would be drawn to Fleury, but self preservation...

Bylsma's unfettered endorsement of Fleury this summer makes me doubt his self-preservation instinct. :laugh:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Pittsburgh media wouldn't want Bryz here because he would call them out. Remember that whole drama about him supposedly sleeping through a meeting and Bryz lecturing the reporters about doing their jobs better? :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh media wouldn't want Bryz here because he would call them out. Remember that whole drama about him supposedly sleeping through a meeting and Bryz lecturing the reporters about doing their jobs better? :laugh:

I'd pay good money to watch a Q&A with Rossi. :laugh:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Bylsma's unfettered endorsement of Fleury this summer makes me doubt his self-preservation instinct. :laugh:

It'll kick in once his job is actually in danger. He pulled Fleury, the number one goalie who wins 40 games a season for them and who he has confidence in, last playoffs. He pulled Glass.

The Pittsburgh media will turn on Fleury so hard once he's gone or once they think he is. Their hypocrisy and backtracking will be a thing of beauty.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It'll kick in once his job is actually in danger. He pulled Fleury, the number one goalie who wins 40 games a season for them and who he has confidence in, last playoffs. He pulled Glass.

The Pittsburgh media will turn on Fleury so hard once he's gone or once they think he is. Their hypocrisy and backtracking will be a thing of beauty.

We both know that they'll print whatever the Pens tell them to print.

Just had a vision of Geno and Bryz busting on Rossi in Russian. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->