Rumor: Yohe heard from this guy who knows the kid who saw Bryzgalov pass out at 31 flavors.

penguins2946*

Haven't seen any posts sorry threads about this yet, so I thought I'd post it here. Per Lisa Hillary:

@LisaHillaryTV: NHL management source tells me Pittsburgh has interest in Bryzgalov #humongousBig2ndchance

Interesting if true. He's not a terrible goalie, but I still wouldn't want him on the Pens. If Vokoun wouldn't be coming back, I think I'd do that.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Haven't seen any posts sorry threads about this yet, so I thought I'd post it here. Per Lisa Hillary:

Interesting if true. He's not a terrible goalie, but I still wouldn't want him on the Pens. If Vokoun wouldn't be coming back, I think I'd do that.

only for cheap. I don't know if he'd be willing to do cheap. Though he just got a big buyout payday right?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Before anyone ***** on the source, it's a Flyers reporter. I wouldn't rule it out in this case.

As for Bryz on the Pens, we'll, having two nut cases in nets should make things entertaining to say the least. :laugh:

only for cheap. I don't know if he'd be willing to do cheap. Though he just got a big buyout payday right?

Yes and no. He got the buyout, but the Flyers, I believe, have the option of spreading out the salary payments (bonuses are due as scheduled). So, I doubt he got all that money up front, unless the Flyers were feeling overly generous. Couldn't find anything either way.

Last edited:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Odd that an unemployed Philadelphia media personality would be scooping something about Pittsburgh. Unless I'm missing something.

penguins2946*

He just got ~$40 million for that buyout. I think he'd be fine with playing for less. I think he realizes that he's going to have to take a massive paycut to play in the NHL again.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Odd that an unemployed Philadelphia media personality would be scooping something about Pittsburgh. Unless I'm missing something.

Why? Eklund scoops on the Flyers sometimes. And scooping the Pittsburgh media, which is a glorified ancillary Pens PR machine, hardly would qualify as a big accomplishment.

EXAMPLE: When the Neal trade went down (and I lived in Dallas), the Pittsburgh media knew nothing about it while people with some connections to the Stars who weren't quote unquote Dallas sports media people were talking about something about to happen with Neal and Gogo.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Meh, I'm so tired of MAF I don't even care what the alternative is at this point.

That's where I'm at on the goaltending situation.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That's not even funny. It would be the "Who Can Have a Breakdown First?" game, they would need a private crying room for the goalies.

Oh c'mon, it's beyond funny. Bryz actually might qualify as the saner goalie in the tandem. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Meh, I'm so tired of MAF I don't even care what the alternative is at this point.

That's where I'm at on the goaltending situation.

Bryz most certainly would test your resolve in this matter. :laugh:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Oh c'mon, it's beyond funny. Bryz actually might qualify as the saner goalie in the tandem. :laugh:

All I see is them making each other worse, it would be a downward spiral of mental weakness. Put whichever one hasn't gone full fetal in the net and call it a day. :laugh:

If Despres gets fat enough they can just stick him in net, he'll be a wall of blubber.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
All I see is them making each other worse, it would be a downward spiral of mental weakness. Put whichever one hasn't gone full fetal in the net and call it a day. :laugh:

If Despres gets fat enough they can just stick him in net, he'll be a wall of blubber.

Might be the Pens best hope in the end . . . :laugh:

EDIT: Got to add this. With our luck, Bryz will come and stand on his head like he did in Phoenix. Fleury will give us his playoff form, making for quite the entertaining decision when Vokoun returns. :)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
it takes a special kind of goalie to start in front of a team who will leave him hanging out to dry on at least 4 or 5 breakaways a game and who has only a passing interest in defense.

Bear goalie is not that special goalie.

I do think that he, and Fleury for that matter, could thrive in a defensive oriented system. On the Pens though? Same issues as he had on the Flyers, if not worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->