Movies: Yoga Hosers(directed by Kevin Smith) Next wave of Canadian exploitation movies

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I would argue that he's extremely funny, but he also happens to be the worst director in Hollywood.

In terms of quality of movies made, does anyone come close to a complete 180 as Smith does? He is a funny guy. He has made some great movies. from Clerks to Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, with Clerks 2, Chasing Amy, Dogma and Mall Rats in between.

What's the best thing he's done since? Zack and Miri?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Kevin Smith should stick to his tv show, the guy is a horrendous director these days and has become a bigger jerk whenever anyone questions what happened to him. I remember when he was a decent dude, those days are long gone.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just think - all the stereotypical Canadian jokes aren't all in the trailer.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Kevin Smith should stick to his tv show, the guy is a horrendous director these days and has become a bigger jerk whenever anyone questions what happened to him. I remember when he was a decent dude, those days are long gone.

The thing is he's incredibly self-deprecating. He was making jokes about how Tusk sucked a week after it was released.

It's critics he doesn't like I think mainly because if he thinks they're non-fans of all of his work he has a natural distrust of their motives.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I actually really liked Tusk. I hate horror movies, but found Tusk to be fun and psychotic. I bought the DVD haha.

This looks awful, though.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
The thing is he's incredibly self-deprecating. He was making jokes about how Tusk sucked a week after it was released.

It's critics he doesn't like I think mainly because if he thinks they're non-fans of all of his work he has a natural distrust of their motives.

I think that's part of the reason why he's has no issue churning out subpar work off half-baked (pun semi-intended) podcast ideas. He could stand to be a little more proud.

But I guess he's doing what he likes...which is...something. He kind of seems like he's in solid Adam Sandler territory now. Just doing what he wants at half the effort for his own dedicated fanbase without caring too much what anybody else thinks as long as the cheques clear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad