24. St. Louis (from ATL) - Brandon Sutter
25. Vancouver - Maxim Mayorov
26. St. Louis (from N.J.-S.J.) - Tommy Cross
27. Detroit - Colton Gillies
28. Washington (from BUF) - Alex Plante
29. Ottawa - Thomas Hickey
30. Edmonton (from ANA) - Logan MacMillan

Blindside9711

Not bad, although I think Philly would pick JVR over Turris at this point. You can't teach size and guys like JVR and Voracek already have that over guys like Kane, Turris, Cherepanov...

I'd switch Alzner and Voracek too I think. Cherry going to the Caps makes alot of sense too.

Good work on mostly a crapshoot of a 1st round.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Nicely done. That's not far off from how I see things playing out.

I'd flip Petrecki & Blum and would have the Caps taking MacMillan 28th. They need decent center prospects moreso than just decent defenseman prospects (particularly tall, lanky ones).

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Nicely done. That's not far off from how I see things playing out.

I'd flip Petrecki & Blum and would have the Caps taking MacMillan 28th. They need decent center prospects moreso than just decent defenseman prospects (particularly tall, lanky ones).

That I'd like. Would mean Edmonton gets Petrecki, Voracek and Plante.

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
Good mock. Everyone always has comments like 'no way in hell does Team X pass on Player Y', or 'my grandmother could put together a better draft', but no one knows how things will go until draft day. Yours seems plausible to me, so thumbs up!

hemmer_forever

Jun 4, 2007
That I'd like. Would mean Edmonton gets Petrecki, Voracek and Plante.

if this happens i wouldn't even mind if lowe didn't make a big splash on draft day

but id switch petrecki/blum with maxim mayorov as the oil need some depth on left wing

byeyimini

Sep 10, 2002
Visit site
Can Esposito handle the pressure in Mtl...

I don't hope that Montréal draft Esposito but I doubt that Gainey will let him on the board if he is available. Not sure if he would or should trade up to get him.

I'm not down on this kid or anything, I hope he has a fine NHL career...but I really wonder if he could hold up under the pressure in Montreal. I'm just afraid the expectations would be too much on him. I'd be the first one hoping he's the next Lecavalier if he fell into Montreal's hands, but the poor bugger could get crushed under it all. I'd love to be wrong though :)

toothless_grin

Sep 7, 2005
Not bad, although I think Philly would pick JVR over Turris at this point.

I'm not sold that Phillly will continue to look for size. You could be right, but I suspect that the new GM will try to make his mark on the team.

I struggled with where Blum may go. Originally I had Blum and Petrecki flipped.

No way would Detroit take some player that's projected to be a third liner this early in the draft when you have a powerforward like Max Pacioretty still out there.

The bottom of the first round is a crap shoot. There are guys like Pacioretty and Repik that can/should be selected there. Gillies is a mystery to me. As an Avs fan I hope the Wings pick the WPA, but with their draft history they are likely to find a good prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->