Yet Another Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
View the mock by clicking here.

This was a mock put together at the request of a Stars fan site (Andrew's Stars Page) for Entry Draft coverage. The intro on the mock should cover the process taken.

Complaints and comments on the mock are welcome, but I'll steer those to the other two as they had a bigger part in almost all of the picks. I was mostly the scribe who threw out the occasional name and broke ties (that's really why my name comes last).

Anyway, enjoy! Or hate it. Or do whatever pleases you.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Glu I would love to see your mock. I would also like to know who you think dallas should take at 20, 34 and 56. You were great last year with the Erkkson call as I remeber and you also touted Brodziak I believe who would have been much better than the Finnish goalie in the fifth. thanks

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
:blues

The draft itself wasn't so bad, and I wouldn't complain about getting Montoya...

...and by all means, you guys -- and the rest of the hockey world -- please just go right on believing that the Blues have an "incredibly weak system." :thumbu:

At least you mentioned Nissinen, which is good. There's also this guy named Barulin in there; you might have heard of him, too. I'm pretty sure that anyone who saw him in the RE/MAX Canada Russia Challenge knows who he is...

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Brian Weidler said:
:blues

The draft itself wasn't so bad, and I wouldn't complain about getting Montoya...

...and by all means, you guys -- and the rest of the hockey world -- please just go right on believing that the Blues have an "incredibly weak system." :thumbu:

At least you mentioned Nissinen, which is good. There's also this guy named Barulin in there; you might have heard of him, too. I'm pretty sure that anyone who saw him in the RE/MAX Canada Russia Challenge knows who he is...
I was in a rush to finish, but I do believe the Blues have a weak system simply because they've been devoid of having high draft picks for years now, which can be blamed on many things, that big Scott Stevens/tampering scandal, going for the big score instead of waiting, etc.

However, in the past six drafts, the Blues have picked in the first round four times, each time grabbing a high-ceiling guy (Backman, Jackman, Taffe, Belle - with the first two already making an impact in the NHL).

There are also guys kicking around in the system like Zakharov, Backes, Shkotov and Barulin, who have good potential, but just aren't there yet. Belle also falls into this category. What I should have said there was that the system right now is immature and needs more time to come around, rather than weak.

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
Starsdude said:
Glu I would love to see your mock. I would also like to know who you think dallas should take at 20, 34 and 56. You were great last year with the Erkkson call as I remeber and you also touted Brodziak I believe who would have been much better than the Finnish goalie in the fifth. thanks

There's a reason I asked those guys to help. I'm not confident enough in my knowledge of other systems to pick for them. That's why I won't do a mock on my own.

As for who I think Dallas will (or should) take early, I'll get to that eventaully, but not here.

Last edited:

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Wow some solid work! You're right in thinking that Chipchura won't drop below 15 but I think you should reconsider that Meszaros draft spot. Montreal needs size and two-way players in center and in defense. We already have a Markov anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad