Post-Game Talk: Yet another dumpster fire in Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
We've been outscored in the 3rd period, 15-10. That is pathetic.

Also, Hischier is god awful in the dot. I blame the coaching staff for this.

I get young players will have a hard time with them, but he shouldn't be one of the worst centers in the league when it comes to it.

Have him taking draws against Zajac at practice until he can win at least 3 out of 5 before he is allowed to leave the ice. Do this daily.

Last edited:

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
dea is fine as a 4th liner. zacha is prob fine as a 3rd line shutdown center. devils do not have a second line. bratt is a fringe 2nd liner. my point is this team needs a second line. if theyre not going to play the prospects that will grow into that role than trade them and picks for legit second liners.

The prospects that will grow into that role? Who is that? Certainly no one on the Devils' AHL or NHL team fits that description. Especially since Bratt is apparently 'a fringe second liner' now.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Hynes was out coached yet again, and will get out coached by Trotz on Sat, who is 120 times better than Blashill, who made Hynes look like an amateur tonight.

There has seemed to be no adjustments made in between periods when they're playing like shit.

Just follow the set gameplan and stubbornly sticking to that mindset isn't good coaching.

Hey, not confident? Oh well, you'll gain confidence when you're confident and run the plays like I say, even if other teams are reading them and stopping it from happening.

Hynes is never wrong.

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
Some positives to take away from the game. Mojo, Coleman, Nico & Palms played great. Zajac, Hall & Wood played well. Schneider made some highlight reel saves. A couple bad rebounds but overall a solid first start for Schneider.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Embarrassed last game by Tampa and we follow it up with a zero effort game against the league's worst team. Heads need to roll for this trash.

To be fair, Detroit probably isn't the leagues worst team. They are currently ahead of both FL and LA. The Kings currently have the league's worst goal differential at -20. (Detroit is -15)

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
To be fair, Detroit probably isn't the leagues worst team. They are currently ahead of both FL and LA. The Kings currently have the league's worst goal differential at -20. (Detroit is -15)

Talentwise, they are.

LA has 4 potential HOFers on their team. Florida has a good collection of forwards and Ekblad.

Detroit has what? Dylan Larkin?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I predicted we would get 4 out of 14 points this road trip last week because I just do not like what I see from this hockey club, at all.

4-0 is long gone.

Bad habits crept in, we are a low hockey IQ team, especially at the blue lines.

While other Metro teams are finding ways to win we find ways to lose.

All that talk about how Detroit stinks is not too funny now.

Just a horrific loss

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I blame DD for this loss. We were toast as soon as he picked us to win in the other thread.

Hey, I picked 4-3.

With all of the talk on how pitiful Detroit was on this board, can you blame me?

You won't have to worry about me jinxing NJD anytime soon.

I don't foresee a W on the immediate schedule.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Talentwise, they are.

LA has 4 potential HOFers on their team. Florida has a good collection of forwards and Ekblad.

Detroit has what? Dylan Larkin?

Probably true there. I was just going off current standings, but you are right, those other two should rise above Detroit's level by the end of the season.

Saying that, keep on eye on Detroit's rookie d-man Cholowski. he's off to a real good start after getting his 8th point last night. As a matter of fact, his 8th point last night just matched the record for most points by a detroit D-man in their first 11 career games. That's even better than the 7 points Nick Lidstrom managed in his first 11 nhl games! This kid is obviously not going to be the next Lidstrom, but for a team looking for bright spots, he looks to be one. he seems to have already cemented himself into detroits top pairing (I know, not hard to do right now) and has been impressive. 2 goals and 6 assists (8 pts) through 11 games not bad. Ekblad has 2 assists through 10 games.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Probably true there. I was just going off current standings, but you are right, those other two should rise above Detroit's level by the end of the season.

Saying that, keep on eye on Detroit's rookie d-man Cholowski. he's off to a real good start after getting his 8th point last night. As a matter of fact, his 8th point last night just matched the record for most points by a detroit D-man in their first 11 career games. That's even better than the 7 points Nick Lidstrom managed in his first 11 nhl games! This kid is obviously not going to be the next Lidstrom, but for a team looking for bright spots, he looks to be one. he seems to have already cemented himself into detroits top pairing (I know, not hard to do right now) and has been impressive. 2 goals and 6 assists (8 pts) through 11 games not bad. Ekblad has 2 assists through 10 games.

I had my eye on him before he was drafted. Solid player.

But no excuses to lose last night.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
The response tomorrow should be interesting.

The Islanders have won 4 in a row (whaaaaaaat). I'm intrigued to see what decisions Hynes makes with the lineup.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The islanders don’t seem to miss Tavares a whit at this moment. But their goaltending is awful and will end up dragging them down - maybe not quite as far as last year (because Trotz will give them a system to cover for it as much as possible), but down nonetheless.

Their goaltending has been fine, better than ours the past Two weeks.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Every time I see butcher wrist it from the blue line I can tell it’s going to end up back in our zone. He isn’t at Brent burns level.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Even Bratt's eventual return isn't going to straighten this mess out. Sure, Hall has a point streak going (last night's was meaningless FWIW), but he is nowhere near what we saw last season, whether it's because the opposition is just plain shutting him down and not worrying about anyone else or he simply had a career year. Then there's Schneider. Sorry, but coming off surgery or not, the first goal was stoppable, Detroit got screwed out of a second goal on a quick whistle and his rebound control blows (still). Does anyone really think he stands a chance on Saturday if he's in goal?

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
When will the Devils learn to stick handle the puck?
When will the Devils learn to pass the puck effectively?

Without the basics, this talentless team ( not all) will continue to struggle.

Go Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad