Movies: Yesterday, the movie.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
How much do you wanna bet that impaling Elvis on the neck of a guitar was his idea?

8717ee5b3115346644f8cd10223b9402703c7318403d92c38861364a781d811b.jpg

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
coming from the theater. Man, that was amazing. Loved every second of it. Basic idea that we've probably all dreamed about at one point, but very well done.

Reactions: GabeTravels

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
My review from another thread...

Yesterday [2019] :

Jack Malik is a musician with a fan club of 3 - two friends and a manager who is secretly in love with him. One day, a miracle happens and Jack is the only person in the world who knows the songs of the Beatles. At first he's shocked, but once he gets over the initial surprise, he decides to take advantage of his good fortune - all while feeling horribly guilty about the genius he's stolen, and worrying he will be revealed as a fraud.

Yesterday starts off well. Himesh Patel does a fine job with the songs and it's fun to see him live out the dream we've all dreamt. Unfortunately, the story quickly becomes repetitive and we continually get snippets of songs we'd love to hear more of, while instead being force fed a love story that is both bland and predictable.

I was really looking forward to Yesterday. In hindsight, I would have been better off re-watching 8 Days A Week.

6/10

Movie Trailer :

Last edited:

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
The first half was funny and refreshing.
It was a great movie until
He goes to meet John Lennon, I feel like that scene was a nice romantic thought and I really enjoyed it. However, it was the turning point, and it was basically using John as a crutch to greenlight the rest of the movie as a ridiculously cheesy rom com
All in all such a wasted premise, which is really too bad.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Rented the movie based on the trailers. Fun movie with Beatles music but disappointed could have been better
I often thought what it might be like to be famous musician Interesting plot and could have more character development but ended up to be a silly romance story.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Rented the movie based on the trailers. Fun movie with Beatles music but disappointed could have been better
I often thought what it might be like to be famous musician Interesting plot and could have more character development but ended up to be a silly romance story.

Yeah the romance plot takeover ruined the movie. The best scene IMO is with Ed Sheeran and they're having a "song-off" or whatever it is. Helps put into perspective just how talented and special the Beatles really were.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad