Yesterday, March 3rd, was the final game ever played at Barclays Center

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
Amazing what some skilled and motivated businessmen can do. Ottawa guy here...still waiting for my downtown f***ing arena.
How bad is the canadian tire center exactly? I know its far away from the city and in a cornfield, but is the atmosphere/experience that bad?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
How bad is the canadian tire center exactly? I know its far away from the city and in a cornfield, but is the atmosphere/experience that bad?
In game atmosphere is probably average in recent years due to the suckage and apathy around the team, but really good in the playoffs, but not really the problem. I find it does cater a bit too much to families but that's another story. It's the commute. Ottawa is a lot of sprawl, you can only really drive there, since Ottawa doesn't have a train or subway that goes there, just the bus - and the bus f***ing sucks. As a result you can't really booze, parking is a nightmare with like 8,000 cars in the lot, and there's only one way in from the highway and one way out to the highway. February in Ottawa is routinely -30 with snow squalls so it can be a pretty arduous trek. There's nothing around so you can't really make a real night out of it like you could elsewhere e.g. dinner, drinks, game, more drinks before catching the train home.

Reactions: sabremike

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
In game atmosphere is probably average in recent years due to the suckage and apathy around the team, but really good in the playoffs, but not really the problem. I find it does cater a bit too much to families but that's another story. It's the commute. Ottawa is a lot of sprawl, you can only really drive there, since Ottawa doesn't have a train or subway that goes there, just the bus - and the bus f***ing sucks. As a result you can't really booze, parking is a nightmare with like 8,000 cars in the lot, and there's only one way in from the highway and one way out to the highway. February in Ottawa is routinely -30 with snow squalls so it can be a pretty arduous trek. There's nothing around so you can't really make a real night out of it like you could elsewhere e.g. dinner, drinks, game, more drinks before catching the train home.
oh than that makes sense anyways.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
O
BN-KP249_1002NY_M_20151002155702.jpg
Oh my lord!!!!!!:laugh:

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I'm confused the title says yesterday was the last game but the content in the OP says it was a year ago that was the last game.

Did OP mean the anniversary of the last game played at Barclays?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I went just once as a visiting fan. My brother was living in park slope so we walked to Morgan’s for brisket pregame, walked to the game, and walked back.

the only positive i found to this building as a hockey venue was the location, which might not be ideal for everyone the way it was for me just that one night. It has a minor league feel to it, inside and out.

i have not been to Nassau in probably close to 10 years, but I prefer that to Barclays. It’s been renovated a bit now? Even better.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
i saw the very first Rangers / islanders regular season game at the barclay center ..isle won in a shootout 2-1
we sat first row down by the face off circle with a co-worker and we had a great time..excellent food and craft beer

went to visit my cousin who is an islander season ticket holder way up in the upper deck...the angle up there was so steep it was like you were climbing mt everest to get up there.
walking back down the steps felt very dizzying if that's a word

took my daughter to see a Green Day concert there during a blizzard and had a blast
saw Iron Maiden there July of 2018 with some great seats and the show was amazing with good sound

If you have good seats the place is pretty good, if you have bad seats however it might be the worst arena in NA...it really depends on where your sitting

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

The plus side is the 417 is pretty much a straight stretch between Ottawa and Deep River!

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I'm confused the title says yesterday was the last game but the content in the OP says it was a year ago that was the last game.

Did OP mean the anniversary of the last game played at Barclays?

Yes it was a year ago. Thank god we don't have to go back there. Not to mention we're really good at the Coliseum. Hope it continues to USB.

Reactions: FractionTwo

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Barclays is a great arena for anything but hockey, wrestling is fantastic there.

The Islanders new arena looks very nice but considering how many arenas/stadiums our area has already I was very surprised that they were actually able to pull it off. Nassau wasted all that money trying to spruce the coliseum up but it's probably gonna be knocked down sooner than later at this point but the only good thing about that place was actually watching a game there. Everything else about the place is terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->