Yesterday, March 3rd, was the final game ever played at Barclays Center

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
same type of horrible building because they were basketball specific
Never went to a hockey game there (no longer a hockey venue when I moved here). Only Maiden shows. Hear it was terrible for hockey though I met one guy that loved it because tickets were cheap and he said the section that could not see the net below had a band playing and a nice party vibe.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Can you speak up? I can't hear you from all the way at the top of the standings
You mean you can’t hear me from 2004 the last time the Leafs won a playoff series? Maybe you should change your wardrobe

Come back to me when you win anything of substance :laugh:

Edit: mixed up Rags SC win in 94 with Leafs PO win in 04

Last edited:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
You mean you can’t hear me from 1994, the last time the Leafs won a playoff series? Maybe you should change your wardrobe, ditch the parachute pants

Come back to me when you win anything of substance :laugh:

Please fact-check your rebuttal, and then provide a new one.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
So it's more embarrassing to win a playoff series than have fans in the stands? Are you sober?

Oh MBP, context clues would clearly indicate I was describing the lack of playoff wins being much more embarrassing. But if you wanna nitpick posts fine, go ahead. Little victories mean a lot when your team hasn’t won anything of substance in the era of color television

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
You're really going to have to speak up, the Habs are way WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY down there, like embarrassingly far down there, and even all of your backup goalie's $84 million contract couldn't buy a megaphone loud enough when you're just so, embarrassingly, futilely far down in the standings with absolutely nothing to look forward to in the near future. Good thing you fired your goalie coach though, that's totally going to change the tide and totally isn't the sign of a poorly run organization willing to throw small-time members under the bus to protect the egos of the higher-ups.
Sir, this is a Wendy’s and I am an Islanders fan

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
I didn't know toronto's fanbase also occupied the desolate wasteland known as barclays also

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
alright you got me there. As an Isles fan I Have to put up with hearing about the 94 Rangers cup win all the time from many of my friends. A Freudian slip :banghead:
'94 is dumb because they're essentially bragging about the only accomplishment they've ever had as a franchise since expansion.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
alright you got me there. As an Isles fan I Have to put up with hearing about the 94 Rangers cup win all the time from many of my friends. A Freudian slip :banghead:

I forgive you. Perhaps I should not have made an inflammatory comment about the Islanders to begin with.

Reactions: Tres Peleches

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Oh MBP, context clues would clearly indicate I was describing the lack of playoff wins being much more embarrassing. But if you wanna nitpick posts fine, go ahead. Little victories mean a lot when your team hasn’t won anything of substance in the era of color television
There weren't colour TVs in the 60's?

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
So there were colour TVs in the 60's. We won a championship in the colour TV era. What a time to be alive.
If that helps you sleep at night, then yes. The color TV had been invented prior to the last time the Leafs won a Stanley Cup. A major accomplishment, indeed

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015

For any hockey fan in general, how would you view Barclays center as a whole, because as an islanders fan it was only positive for me because I could get there easily. The sight lines were poor, the ice quality was often very poor, and the games felt very empty despite the team always being competitive for those years. If any non-islanders fan went to Barclays, what were your opinions on the facility anyways?

I liked Barclays when i visited. Now the area around it was suspect but other than that it was a great experience.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Never been to Barclays, but I have been to the Coliseum. Back in April of 2019, when my Leafs visited the Isles (I wore a JT jersey and actually made it out alive and without a scratch). I mean, the arena just screams hockey, and it's located where the fanbase is. Barclays was always a really dumb move, especially once they realized people wouldn't even be able to see shit. Got a really good cycle going? Half the fans can't see shit. I don't care how bad the bathroom situation is at the Coliseum (and believe me, it's so bad that they have a port-a-potty in a smokers section located outdoors that you can use) or how much of a dump it may appear to be. You can actually see shit and it's a really fun time.

Emphasis on being able to actually see shit. Not gonna get a view like this at Barclays.

6Fnmmbm.jpg

Reactions: sabremike

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
If that helps you sleep at night, then yes. The color TV had been invented prior to the last time the Leafs won a Stanley Cup. A major accomplishment, indeed
It definitely helps me sleep at night. No more red shoe diaries in black and white. Gonna get me one of them fancy colour TVs tomorrow from my local retailer.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
It bought us enough time to get our New Area. If I’m being completely honest it happened so much sooner than I expected. Thank god for Ledecky and Malkin. Thought we were going to be stuck at Barclays for a long time. It was only a few years. On top of that, they were able to renovate the coliseum and get us back there full time before going to Belmont.
Amazing what some skilled and motivated businessmen can do. Ottawa guy here...still waiting for my downtown f***ing arena.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad