Not open for further replies.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
dzingel is pretty cool name and he seems to be a decent hockey player

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
is it me or do we score very few empty net goals?

The only player that can score them is pretty much the only one Trotz refuses to put out for it... I'm guessing a lot of that has to do with the game plan being about being safe instead of trying to win.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I think a lot of us are expecting Orpik to hit a decline and no longer be a very good defender.

Well, he's playing really good hockey right now.

7 hits tonight and an assist. He's huge on the PK too which right now is hottest in the league.

He's been surprisingly solid - and that's great. Maybe he will hold up throughout this contract and be an important piece of leadership/physical play we don't realize until afterwards.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Caps pk. How many of those guys do we want to keep or even like? Orpik? Alzner? Beagle? Winnik? Wilson? Eller? Oshie? Williams? Ok...Niskanen but we are starting to see suggestions they trade Carlson.

So.....LOL

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Caps pk. How many of those guys do we want to keep or even like? Orpik? Alzner? Beagle? Winnik? Wilson? Eller? Oshie? Williams? Ok...Niskanen but we are starting to see suggestions they trade Carlson.

So.....LOL

Thing is 0% chance we can keep all our defenders. Some hard choices should be made before we let them go for nothing. As much as we all love Carlson and Alzner we have to pick one.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Thing is 0% chance we can keep all our defenders. Some hard choices should be made before we let them go for nothing. As much as we all love Carlson and Alzner we have to pick one.

Well the nice thing is that Carlson becoming a free agent matches up well with the eller contract also coming off the books. By that time (next summer) one of the Hershey centers will be ready.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think a lot of us are expecting Orpik to hit a decline and no longer be a very good defender.

Well, he's playing really good hockey right now.

7 hits tonight and an assist. He's huge on the PK too which right now is hottest in the league.

He's been surprisingly solid - and that's great. Maybe he will hold up throughout this contract and be an important piece of leadership/physical play we don't realize until afterwards.

When he's healthy, he's worthy. Simple enough. He had major injuries and many jumped to conclusions.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Alzner can't shoot the puck they said (and it was a crucial moment)
Wilson is useless they said (great screen on the 2nd goal)
Waive Chorney they said (and bring another #6-7 D more expensive) at least, he can hit the net :sarcasm:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Orpik's in a position to succeed and he's doing his job well. I'd like to see him thrive in second pairing minutes and assignments before saying he's close to worth his contract. David Schlemko is doing the same thing in San Jose but with a cap hit of $2.1M, for instance, and he was signed as a UFA so it's an apples to apples comparison.

Many people weren't willing to pay Mike Green $6M+ to be a third pairing defenseman (and rightfully so). That same logic should apply to Orpik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad