Jul 17, 2007
please beat hawk

tumblr_mr2b39yGRz1rgcqrbo1_400.gif

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
It is absolutely indefensible (literally) to have Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester together again. Hopefully this is the last lost we endure under Yeo.

Reactions: Bendak

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I know it's disloyal but I hope we get slapped tonight.

I am tired of Mike Yeo and this should be the last straw.

The good news is Bouw/Petro look to be playing together. So maybe Yeo wants out anyways.
I really want Yeo canned as well but I cannot support an ass whooping at the hands of the Hawks. I want to shut them down like we did the leafs, somehow... How can we beat the hawks and still get Yeo fired is the million dollar question.

Reactions: m1a2lt and Bendak

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
It seems 90% of the people on this board- myself included want Yeogurt gone. But at the same time what does it say about the core of this team as a whole if they are willing to give up on two coaches in 2 and 1/2 years? And from the post game remarks made by the players last night, that doesn't sound like the case, but sports are an extension of politics these days. So who really knows what is said just to keep face or what the true feelings of any particular player may be.

Anyone who knows this sport knows that you don't necessarily have to like your coach, but you MUST respect him. So is the problem that Yeo is as advertised and sucks the joy out of playing this great game? Or are the majority of our players a bunch of middling to borderline stars whos' feelings are hurt too easily and are just mentally fragile?

I realize I just re-joined this forum after being absent for the past 8 plus years, and some may take these remarks as an outsider looking in without a true grasp on what hockey is and what it means to be a 'True Blues' fan, so I apologize in advance if these thoughts rub anyone the wrong way. But for now that is my 2 circular Abraham Lincoln's face worth of thoughts.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Can we beat the Hawks and fire Yeo at the same time? Like winning by Kane scoring an own goal during their PP or something.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It seems 90% of the people on this board- myself included want Yeogurt gone. But at the same time what does it say about the core of this team as a whole if they are willing to give up on two coaches in 2 and 1/2 years? And from the post game remarks made by the players last night, that doesn't sound like the case, but sports are an extension of politics these days. So who really knows what is said just to keep face or what the true feelings of any particular player may be.

Anyone who knows this sport knows that you don't necessarily have to like your coach, but you MUST respect him. So is the problem that Yeo is as advertised and sucks the joy out of playing this great game? Or are the majority of our players a bunch of middling to borderline stars whos' feelings are hurt too easily and are just mentally fragile?

I realize I just re-joined this forum after being absent for the past 8 plus years, and some may take these remarks as an outsider looking in without a true grasp on what hockey is and what it means to be a 'True Blues' fan, so I apologize in advance if these thoughts rub anyone the wrong way. But for now that is my 2 circular Abraham Lincoln's face worth of thoughts.
I see this comment made a lot and I just want to kind of address it.

I don't really agree with that narrative. Every single time a coach gets fired, people claim the team "gave up on them." As if they're just not trying, and want the coach to get fired. I just don't believe that's the case at all. Sometimes a coach just, for whatever reason, isn't a good fit for the makeup of the roster and it isn't working. Maybe Yeo just isn't a good coach.

Is the core a problem? I have no idea, but what "core" guy can you really move? The true core (Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, Schwartz, Schenn, ROR, Parayko, Edmundson) just aren't getting traded. And a few of those guys (the latter 4) are fairly new and aren't responsible for a lot of our previous playoff failures. So they're all staying here because they're good players. It wouldn't help anything to trade them. So yeah moving a guy like Steen who has been here for a while could inject a shot in the arm for the team, but it's also not that easy to make that type of move. You have to make sure you're getting fair value back for what Steen provides instead of just dumping him because you're trying to make a change. We saw that with the Oshie trade. And the team itself performed well but that was a bad trade that we don't need to repeat.

The Blues have changed up the roster. I don't see how any other move to the personnel is going to help. The only option Armstrong really has is to tinker with the coaching staff. And also desperately try to dump Bouwmeester.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’m having a Halloween party tonight and planned on watching horror movies, but this game should work as a good substitute...could be a slaughter.
Lol. Normally I probably would have DVR'd this game but I can't. I'm going to have to watch it live. This GDT along with the post-game talk on here and Twitter will be too juicy to wait for.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Anyone want to go tonight? Babysitter backed out so wife is staying home with our little guy so have an extra ticket.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I know it's disloyal but I hope we get slapped tonight.

I am tired of Mike Yeo and this should be the last straw.

The good news is Bouw/Petro look to be playing together. So maybe Yeo wants out anyways.

How long are you going to beat that drum? Every post? We get it, you didn’t like what the guy said.

He voiced his opinion and you voiced yours. You disagreed, but for hell’s sake please move on. You are making the subject be about your ridicule for other posters rather than about the team.

I happen to agree that it’s frustrating to come to a Blues forum finding people openly rooting for the team to lose. What forum am I supposed to go to then, to find people who want to root for my favorite team? People shouldn’t have to apologize to you for wanting this team to win each game.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Can we beat the Hawks and fire Yeo at the same time? Like winning by Kane scoring an own goal during their PP or something.
My memory may be failing, but the first game I went to the Blues won, and I believe was Mike Kitchen’s last game. I think when these decisions are made there is sometimes a lag for the announcement while the successor is arranged. Maybe Armstrong has already pulled the trigger?

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I'll start caring again when the team starts caring again. There's no fight in this bunch....sans ROR, DP, and a few others...

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
My memory may be failing, but the first game I went to the Blues won, and I believe was Mike Kitchen’s last game. I think when these decisions are made there is sometimes a lag for the announcement while the successor is arranged. Maybe Armstrong has already pulled the trigger?

4 days off after tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad