Confirmed with Link: Yeo signed to a three-year extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
After our playoff showing, this was very expected and deserved. Yeo is still learning as a coach, but he showed some real promise at times this season. Our PP is the only thing that really needs revamping for next season and beyond. Three years seems like the right amount for his second contract, and I'm assuming it will be somewhere around $1mil/yr with bonuses possible.

I'll admit I was on the "Fire Yeo" bandwagon, but when he finally made the decision to not keep rewarding the under performers like Heatley and Brodziak, it payed off for the team. Glad he proved me wrong, but he's still got work to do moving forward.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
I'm really happy about this. I definitely think the way that this team responded time and time again this year that it is well deserved. I know I was one of the people that was hard on him at times throughout the year. But to see this team put up their best playoff showing in eleven years was really something. I think Yeo is still learning and growing as a head coach and he has what it takes to be a very good one in the years to come. I'm very glad we are giving him the chance to do that here. Good luck Yeo! Can't wait for next season!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Am looking forward to a season of Yeo without the temptation of Dany Heatley. I'm sure he will still try squeeze Brodziak onto the PP/ third line at times during the regular season, and play Kuemper 27 times in a row.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'm expecting him to do big things next year. This team has to be deadlier at home. And they proved they can win on the road. Time to make teams fear playing them.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I'm expecting him to do big things next year. This team has to be deadlier at home. And they proved they can win on the road. Time to make teams fear playing them.
At least in the playoffs, the Wild were very deadly at home. Hope that continues.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

They were 5-1 at home during the playoffs and outplayed the Avs and Hawks there in a big way. I think Yeo's finally getting this line matching stuff at home down. We only won one game on the road tho, altho we also outplayed both the Avs and Hawks in their own buildings, so I'm not that worried about that for next year.

can they hire JL to coach the PP or something? although, against the avs i did witness a few nice PPs.

Oates is available, assuming no one's stupid enough to give him a head coaching job somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad