Yeah Pierre we get you...you want the red line out in the nhl!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
I love how everything Sidney Crosby does is golden.
PIERRE "SIDNEY CROSBY, WITH THE BEST LINECHANGE IVE SEEN IN YEARS!"
GORD "IF YOU NOTICE HIS LOW CENTER OF GRAVITY AS HE JUMPS THE BOARDS"
PIERRE "HES A MONSTER, HE WREAKS HAVOC IN ALL ZONES"
GORD "insert stupid joke here"

That is their commentary...and I love it.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
jtuzzi21 said:
I love how everything Sidney Crosby does is golden.
PIERRE "SIDNEY CROSBY, WITH THE BEST LINECHANGE IVE SEEN IN YEARS!"
GORD "IF YOU NOTICE HIS LOW CENTER OF GRAVITY AS HE JUMPS THE BOARDS"
PIERRE "HES A MONSTER, HE WREAKS HAVOC IN ALL ZONES"
GORD "insert stupid joke here"

That is their commentary...and I love it.

Didn't McGuire make some sort of comment about Crosby being better than Peter Forsberg at something? I wasn't paying attention when he said it.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Epsilon said:
Didn't McGuire make some sort of comment about Crosby being better than Peter Forsberg at something? I wasn't paying attention when he said it.
Nah, he just compared him to Forsberg, with the way he protects the puck out of the corners. I agree, the way Crosby holds off defenders is very Forsberg-esque.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
jtuzzi21 said:
Nah, he just compared him to Forsberg, with the way he protects the puck out of the corners. I agree, the way Crosby holds off defenders is very Forsberg-esque.

Absolutely, I compared Crosby to Forsberg in another thread.

Shappa

Oct 11, 2002
colonel_korn said:
This just in: Sidney Crosby is a MONSTER PERFORMER with BIG BODY PRESENCE.

and, most importantly of all........

HE HAS AWARENESS!!!!!

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
cyclops said:
Every game he has been harping about it....."what's wrong with that gord?Why don't we have it in the nhl,it's so exciting " On and on.Last game it looked like he was actually going to get through the whole game without mentioning it but he just could'nt resist it in the third when Gord gave him the bait when he was commenting on some rule change he'd like to see made(can't remember what it was) Pierre jumps on it and chimes in...."know what rule change i'd like to see?" Gord told him..."i wonder what that is" Yeah i wonder gord........everyone in Canada knows. I'm not sure if i want him to cut it out or not because it's makes for great laughs.

He always has a pet peeve that he harps on until he finds a new one. Before the red line, he went on about the one peice sticks..... he'll stick with the red line rant until he finds something else to pick on.

I like Pierre. He's emotional and he's not afraid to give out an opinion and that makes for good TV. You don't have to agree with him but you have to like the fact that he doesn't sit on the fence.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Shappa said:
and, most importantly of all........

HE HAS AWARENESS!!!!!

you should change you avatar dude.... that cup run feels like it was 20 years ago now..... a new era is upon us.... eventually ;)

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Hackett said:
He always has a pet peeve that he harps on until he finds a new one. Before the red line, he went on about the one peice sticks..... he'll stick with the red line rant until he finds something else to pick on.

I like Pierre. He's emotional and he's not afraid to give out an opinion and that makes for good TV. You don't have to agree with him but you have to like the fact that he doesn't sit on the fence.
Agreed. I find him alot more entertaining than most color guys. He a) is not THAT bias, compared to other color men (Harry Neale, John Garret), and b) actaully knows what he is talking about.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
jtuzzi21 said:
Agreed. I find him alot more entertaining than most color guys. He a) is not THAT bias, compared to other color men (Harry Neale, John Garret), and b) actaully knows what he is talking about.

I find that a lot of people call neale bias.... I dunno about that.... but I dont find him effective... especially the last few years.

As for Garret, I know he has this thing against the east..... but again, he has some pretty lively opinions which I like.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
jtuzzi21 said:

I know what you are saying, but for most of this tournament it has been like he is watching a different game than I am. He is a total homer and then turns on certain players for reasons that you cannot tell from the play, while trying to find something outstanding to talk about with Crosby in particular but a few others as well on pretty much every shift - whether it is there or not.

I finally turned the sound off. TSN is better as a silent show.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
NHL should keep the red line offside, but change the icing and regular offside rules to match the european rules.

And Europeans should restore the red line offside.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
tommi462 said:
NHL should keep the red line offside, but change the icing and regular offside rules to match the european rules.

And Europeans should restore the red line offside.

Agreed. And the rest of europe should match the size of the finnish rinks.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Diaboli said:
Why?

And which rink? The one in Elysee Arena is known among all coaches as "the airportstrip".

The ones I've seen on TV were probably 27-28 meters wide. A 27 meter wide rink standard in the SEL would be great. And why? Because I like the more intense, physical game that comes with a narrower rink.

Shappa

Oct 11, 2002
Hackett said:
you should change you avatar dude.... that cup run feels like it was 20 years ago now..... a new era is upon us.... eventually ;)

hey.... After 10 years of suffering with that team, I'm gonna keep the dream alive for as long as I darn well want :D

Back to the main topic, if you "invert sticks" as I have heard many times, wouldn't our defencemen be playing with the butt-end????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->