YAY! Wild keep draft tradition alive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

They took yet another unknown European in the 3rd round today! Peter Olvecky!

He'll be proud to join Peter Bartos, Tony Virta, Niklas Eckerblom/Mika Hannula, and Miroslav Kopriva...

God...Just saying some of those names makes me want to take a shower...

glenjackson

Feb 26, 2004
Nova Scotia
thestonedkoala said:

Confirming what TSK said, it's kind of funny and sad that when researching Peter Olvecky this was the third highest return link in google...

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Nucks drafted 'Alexander Edler' 91st overall over known talents such as O'Neill, Hedman, and Mcgrath. Go figure...

Gradin saw something in this kid , and alot of people right now compare him too Jovanovski with his style of play !

Golbez

glenjackson said:
Confirming what TSK said, it's kind of funny and sad that when researching Peter Olvecky this was the third highest return link in google...

If Tomas Egry completes/writes/does/starts the Slovak Draft Preview, I expect him to shed some light on Olvecky. He was never a factor at the national level, and I really think this stinks of a guy being overrated because of his team.

Guys like Rehak and Jan Blanar (Yeah, you never heard of them, either) were drafted from Trencin because the team is so strong that it makes some players look better than they actually are.

Still, from all accounts, Olvecky looked solid when he had his short Extraliga stint, so he's not all hopeless. I just wouldn't have expected him to go any higher than the 8th round...

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:

He'll be proud to join Peter Bartos, Tony Virta, Niklas Eckerblom/Mika Hannula, and Miroslav Kopriva...

God...Just saying some of those names makes me want to take a shower...

What do you care? I thought you were planning on switching teams again. Didn't you say you were going to start complaining about the Kings from now on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->