Yay - Habs lose to Senators in Shootout 2-1

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Trade galchenyuk! What a bust! Missed 4 great chances and did nothing in the shootout. What a bum!

Sounds ridiculous ehh? That's how ridiculous some of you sound in this thread whining after the team has what, 6 wins in their last 8, no losses in regulation? What a pathetic fan base sometimes.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I did not watch the game but looking at the game report, the Canadiens outshot the Sens 45-24. Does it appropriately depict the game? Because if it does, I am with you: people seriously need to chill out!

Side note:

While reading the game report, I also noticed that Desharnais (69%) and Eller (71%) had a monster night in the faceoff circle... good for us!
The Habs did play a pretty good game overall, we just ran into a hot goalie....3-4 goalposts could have been goals...it happens...move on to the big TO and get those 2 pts!!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Someone saw the same game I did. If I had a way to record this one,
maybe I could have watched both games. The one the habs played in Ottawa
last night, and the one most of the posters here saw.

I don't think anyone is actually blaming Gio. It's the utilisation that he gets that we don't like. Him having PP time and going in the SO is quite ridiculous.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Follow the herd.

Right after the game, Open the thread and see what the prevailing attitude is and jump right in.

This team rarely does well or rarely does poorly. It's always one single player getting attention.

Definitely an interesting dynamic.....players before team.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Follow the herd.

Right after the game, Open the thread and see what the prevailing attitude is and jump right in.

This team rarely does well or rarely does poorly. It's always one single player getting attention.

Definitely an interesting dynamic.....players before team.

Ironic of you to actually say that, no ?:laugh:

PricePkPatch*

But I got us a point on the road - Im sure Therrien will take that.

Oh, ******** CAP. Luck was against us all night; from Price's softie to 4 freaking posts. And that ill luck can be traced back square at your boneheaded jinx.

You could try stupid arguments if luck had given us the point, but instead it coated us one.

Plus, I remember what you bragged: we will WIN this one. Not "we will not lose in regulation", you claimed wed win it. Therefore, go cut your nipples off right away.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Ironic of you to actually say that, no ?:laugh:

I don't blame a loss on a player. It's a team game.

I used the Eller penalty comparison to White's penalty to illustrate the absurdity.

And yes, I am on record for blaming Martin and Gauthier for every single loss during their tenure here.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Complaints about Price because he gave up a single goal are unfair, especially after the Habs beat Lundqvist twice within a few days.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Thank god I blocked most of the Price bashers...so I don't have to read their crap. He gave up one goal on 24 shots (albeit a really bad goal). He was def not his best tonight (he was fighting the puck) but he battled and gave the guys a chance to win. We're not gonna win very many games by only scoring one goal. We had a ******** of chances to score and we didn't. Blame Price if you want, but that's just an easy scapegoat.

Anyways, move onto the next game.

Last edited:

durojean

May 29, 2007
Wasn't Markov money in the shootout ? I remember him scoring a lot of important goal. He always be one of our shooters.

Always should be Desharnais Markov Galchenyuk and Subban.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Not worried about a loss when the team plays this well. Looking forward to seeing how they handle the Leaf rematch.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Not worried about a loss when the team plays this well. Looking forward to seeing how they handle the Leaf rematch.
After a 6-0 pasting, if they don't show jump/emotion right off the bat it will be disappointing to say the least.

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
After a 6-0 pasting, if they don't show jump/emotion right off the bat it will be disappointing to say the least.

I'd like to say that won't happen, and that they will be primed for this game. However, I thought that about the last game and we got slammed. But, vengeance and retribution is usually a great motivator. So I am expecting them to come out and play hard like they did vs Ottawa.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I was literally raging when I saw that Gionta was going in the shootout... AGAIN!

He just plain sucks right now. At pretty much everything he does. I just hope we don't resign him next year.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Complaints about Price because he gave up a single goal are unfair, especially after the Habs beat Lundqvist twice within a few days.

It WAS a bad goal, he barely had to break a sweat. It hurts when the other goalie is stoning you and yours gaives up a brutal goal from a bad angle.

In the context of the season it's nothing, but that was what got Ottawa the win.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I don't get why everyone is so focused on shots. We shot from the outside, without any traffic in front of Bishop. The few times that we actually went to the net, we hit the post - scored or the refs whistled it down early. Bishop didn't have to make very many difficult saves. The guy is 6'7, he'll stop those point shots/perimeter shots all day. We had plenty of time with the puck, but other than 1-2 players, no one was willing to pay the price in front of the net. That's why we lost. We lost the same way vs. the sens last time. They do a good job at taking your space away, so unless you fight for it - you won't get quality scoring chances.
Again, turn off TSN and watch a full 60 minute game. We had more than our fair share of scoring chances on those 45 shots. Posts don't count as shots on net. Galchenyuk had at least 4 scoring chances alone, and Gallagher had a really good one on a tip going to the net. The posts were just just icing on the cake.

Yes, shots dictated how the game was played. And we dominated in both respects last night. Anyone who didn't see that is either blind or didn't watch the game.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Again, turn off TSN and watch a full 60 minute game. We had more than our fair share of scoring chances on those 45 shots. Posts don't count as shots on net. Galchenyuk had at least 4 scoring chances alone, and Gallagher had a really good one on a tip going to the net. The posts were just just icing on the cake.

Yes, shots dictated how the game was played. And we dominated in both respects last night. Anyone who didn't see that is either blind or didn't watch the game.
So funny, dear god. No one hears that like ever. I haven't missed a game (willingly) in years.

We did DOMINATE the puck as I mentioned in my post. We did not have GREAT scoring chances because we didn't drive the net and the times which we did, we had scoring chances. I can't stand saying that Bishop stood on his head. Last time we played the sens, we fell in the same trap. If you get boxed out, you won't score against them, their goalies will stop everything they see from the perimeter and the point...The only ones that caught him off guard and that were menacing - hit the post. We need more traffic and we need to drive the net. The only times we do, we nearly score.

I don't get how you can't see/understand that. We had a handful of scoring chances, but that was only when we decided to go to the net - which wasn't that often last night... Gallagher is the only consistent forward at doing this. I don't recall seeing Cole near the crease more than 1 time last night, nor Pacioretty. Heck if you look at all the goals that Patches have scored this year, they're all from far out. We can't be successful if we think that will work.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Except the two games vs the Leafs, Habs could've won all of their games. They're playing really well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad