Yay - Habs lose to Senators in Shootout 2-1

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
On to the next one. With a tad bit more luck, we wouldn't be even talking about Price. We've hit what, 4 posts? Serves me right to go to Ottawa's GDT and wish em' good luck.

Next game up, The Maple Leafs!

Don't wish them luck this time ;)

TheBabysitter*

The hate and disrespect for Gionta is sickening. He's been the Habs leading scorer two out of the last three seasons. He's always scored in bunches and been a slow starter.

Jesus, listen to yourselves, you're trying to crucify one player for everything that goes wrong. Yeah he's made some bad plays and fanned on the shootout attempt. **** happens. He'll come out of his slump.

The "what have you done for me lately"-attitude of some people is infuriating. Always so quick to forget and always looking for someone to blame.

Gionta in the cancer of this team, greedy little ***** who takes any shots at any given time, doesn't use his speed, no drive to the net, no dekes, no nothing! his acceleration is crap too. Worst part hes making 6mill on Canadiens Cap . I've said this last year that he was cancer of the team too. You can see Plekanec getting frustrated many times with him...there was a 2on1 where Gionta should've passed the puck and he had Plekanec talking to himself afterwards, looking very angry.

PricePkPatch*

Bishop played great, but luck was definitely on his side tonight. You don't get 3 posts including a post-crossbar rebound without owing a shrine to Fortuna.

I blame CoolAsPrice. He jinxed us badly.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Im not concerned about this game as much as the next. If we lose 3 in a row to the leafs I am going to lose it.

Pricef*

A lot of you guys need to take an Ativan or something and calm the frick down. Here is the REAL game story.

The team as a whole played unreal. All the lines seemed to be clicking and got some scoring chances (even the 4th) at some point, and they got 45 shots (!) on net. BEN BISHOP WON THIS GAME FOR THE SENS. Nobody on the Habs lost it, he won it. Plain and simple. We still got a point, and we're still 1st in the East. For those saying they played brutal or they're not a first place team, turn TSN off and actually watch a 60 minute game for once.

Price - Didn't play bad, didn't play great. Fought the puck all night, especially the glove hand. Yes, he looked bad on both goals in the S/O but he made 3 saves to give them a chance to win. You're not going to win a S/O if you don't score.

Subban - Didn't play as bad as people want to say he did. Yeah he didn't look "amazing" like he usually does (and he does) but he didn't "have his worst game as a Hab" like I saw a Habs reporter say. Come on people.

Gionta - Again, not as bad as people are saying. Has he regressed? Yes. But it just seems like fans have a need for a new scapegoat every year/stretch of games. We're first in the East people, let it go. He'll start scoring again and you'll be back to wanting to lynch Colby Armstrong for being a 4th liner and not scoring every two games.

In the words of the GREAT Carey Price... Chill out.

Well said. Completelt agree. You need to have watched the game to have the proper perspective.:D

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
As much as it pains me to say this as a Habs fan, I really really hate the whole "sky is falling" mentality that a good chunk of the fan base exudes after a loss. It disgusts me, especially after a game like we seen last night. We played probably one of the strongest full games of the season despite the lack of W to show for it. Somedays I wish I could take back having read some of the posts that sadly I end up having to sift through until I can find a post of someone who is actually rational. We played a great game last night and could have easily won, end of story. :shakehead

tl:dr version: For everyone over-reacting, please turn off your internet and return your modem

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
Montreal really does have the worst and best fans in sports.. The teams playing over their heads this season we're 1st in the east and we pick up a point but everyone needs to be traded :laugh:

As Carey would say Chill out!

I did not watch the game but looking at the game report, the Canadiens outshot the Sens 45-24. Does it appropriately depict the game? Because if it does, I am with you: people seriously need to chill out!

Side note:

While reading the game report, I also noticed that Desharnais (69%) and Eller (71%) had a monster night in the faceoff circle... good for us!

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Many of you were expecting the team to contend for a lottery pick. Instead, the team is at the top of the conference/league. We finally have two VERY VERY good rookies to go along with the good young players we already have on this team. Therrien for the most part is doing a fantastic job. Markov is healthy. We finally have a good bottom 6...

And in a game where we play very well, only to get robbed time after time by a hot goalie and posts...What do Hab fans do? Whine and Whine. Again, nothing wrong with criticizing the team, but the illogical, self-entitled, cry-baby, and fickle posts when the team has 14 points out of a possible 16 in it's last 8 games?:shakehead

Gionta has to be better for sure, and while i dislike MT using Gionta in the shootout, I understand it as well. Also, Price isn't terrible at shootouts, he isn't amazing, but he isn't terrible.

No one deserves to be blamed for this lost, the team played well. Sometimes you just give credit to whatever worked for the other team (Bishop) and move on. If we play like this on Wednesday, I don't think we will lose.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
As much as it pains me to say this as a Habs fan, I really really hate the whole "sky is falling" mentality that a good chunk of the fan base exudes after a loss. It disgusts me, especially after a game like we seen last night. We played probably one of the strongest full games of the season despite the lack of W to show for it. Somedays I wish I could take back having read some of the posts that sadly I end up having to sift through until I can find a post of someone who is actually rational. We played a great game last night and could have easily won, end of story. :shakehead

tl:dr version: For everyone over-reacting, please turn off your internet and return your modem

I completely agree man. It's like they think they are entitled to wins every game.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
I don't get why everyone is so focused on shots. We shot from the outside, without any traffic in front of Bishop. The few times that we actually went to the net, we hit the post - scored or the refs whistled it down early. Bishop didn't have to make very many difficult saves. The guy is 6'7, he'll stop those point shots/perimeter shots all day. We had plenty of time with the puck, but other than 1-2 players, no one was willing to pay the price in front of the net. That's why we lost. We lost the same way vs. the sens last time. They do a good job at taking your space away, so unless you fight for it - you won't get quality scoring chances.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I don't get why everyone is so focused on shots. We shot from the outside, without any traffic in front of Bishop. The few times that we actually went to the net, we hit the post - scored or the refs whistled it down early. Bishop didn't have to make very many difficult saves. The guy is 6'7, he'll stop those point shots/perimeter shots all day. We had plenty of time with the puck, but other than 1-2 players, no one was willing to pay the price in front of the net. That's why we lost. We lost the same way vs. the sens last time. They do a good job at taking your space away, so unless you fight for it - you won't get quality scoring chances.

I don't know what game you watched but the Habs had tons of quality scoring chances. Galchenyuk alone had like 3 or 4.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Gionta actually had one of his better games recently. Despite looking terrible in the shootout, he actually made some plays in the offensive zone which I haven't seen from him in a while.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The Habs played an excellent game, not sure why people are complaining but they dominated the entire game and were victim of a red hot goalie in Bishop. **** happens and we at least skated away with a point

The only thing I would have done differently, I personally wouldn't have sent Gionta at #4 when the game was on the line and could have ended. Pacioretty or Markov would have been my picks but it's 50/50 I get that and it's no big deal

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I'm not sure what people are so upset about. The Habs dominated the game from start to finish and Bishop was a brick wall. If they play like that every game then you are winning like 95% of the time. Two points would have been great but the team played very well last night and were just unlucky. It happens, get over it.

The only part that pissed me off, was seeing Gionta out there in SO. I'm sorry but he doesn't have the hands to that anymore.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I did not watch the game but looking at the game report, the Canadiens outshot the Sens 45-24. Does it appropriately depict the game? Because if it does, I am with you: people seriously need to chill out!

!

Shot count appropriately depicts the game.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Gionta in the cancer of this team, greedy little ***** who takes any shots at any given time, doesn't use his speed, no drive to the net, no dekes, no nothing! his acceleration is crap too. Worst part hes making 6mill on Canadiens Cap . I've said this last year that he was cancer of the team too. You can see Plekanec getting frustrated many times with him...there was a 2on1 where Gionta should've passed the puck and he had Plekanec talking to himself afterwards, looking very angry.

Ironically, it is you who needs a baby-sitter. The ignorance in your post is quite alarming. Gionta hasn't been playing well, that's for sure. But you want us to believe that the captain of one of the best teams in the league so far this year is the cancer of the team? :laugh:

Also, greedy? Seriously? He is a scorer, he is supposed to shoot. He doesn't have the greatest vision nor passing skills out there, so why shouldn't he use his shooting skills to try to score? Not much has changed in his game, except off-timing.

And stop with the nonsense, you are making things up. Plekanec is not frustrated with Gionta, his good friend and captain. Nor would Plekanec display his frustration at anyone on the team any-ways, at-least not publicly.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

By the same token, you can't say any of the Ottawa chances were very good ones. Either weak shots or from far away. Too bad Price lost focus on the weak goal.

Ottawa clogged the middle of the zone, but we still got 8-10 grade A scoring chances. One went in. Bishop made 3-4 big saves, the others either ended up on the post and 3-4 glorious chances we missed the net.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
:laugh: He points out Galchenyuk to highlight the hypocrisy of posters such as you. Agenda :laugh: He obviously has an agenda against the best prospect we've had since Price :sarcasm:

Also, this is terrible, re-hashed ********. If anything, you have an agenda against Gionta.

Learn about hockey. You obviously have no clue about that game.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Gionta is struggling to score, but calling him a cancer is so far off the mark it's frightening. Please log off the internet immediately! :shakehead

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Boom ba boom boom boom.:handclap:

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Only 2 goalies on this list are clearly consistently top 5 and have been for more than 2-3 years. Lundqvist and Rinne. I guess Thomas would have made the list, and you could make a case for Luongo, but I hate Luongo and I think he's just playing behind a good team in Vancouver. I'm not his biggest fan.

The rest ? Maybe none of them are consistent top 5 guys and they fluctuate, like Price. That's basically my point. Why Price more than Luongo, Quick, Miller, Ward, Fleury ? He hasn't done anything more than them. In fact, he has done probably less than most of these names.

Watch Ward and Fleury play and then ask yourself that question again. Ward has given up more weak goals in a calendar week than Price will all season, and Fleury is Fleury, never know when he will let one roll through him. Even Miller is giving up some terrible goals all season even though he is playing relatively well.

And I love the people jumping on about him sucking in shootouts this year considering he is posting a .750 in the shootout, I would think that is pretty good for a 1 on 1. It puts him 10th in the league for shoot out sv %, with the top 5 guys only having 2 saves on 2 attempts.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008

We got a lot of chances close in. A couple of break away. What we did not get was the second chance (rebounds). Bishop was very very good last night. I am happy with the team efforts.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Gionta actually had one of his better games recently. Despite looking terrible in the shootout, he actually made some plays in the offensive zone which I haven't seen from him in a while.

Someone saw the same game I did. If I had a way to record this one,
maybe I could have watched both games. The one the habs played in Ottawa
last night, and the one most of the posters here saw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad