Yay - Habs lose to Senators in Shootout 2-1

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by Coldplay, Feb 25, 2013.

1. psychonaut

psychonaut Registered User

Don't wish them luck this time ;)

2. Gionta in the cancer of this team, greedy little ***** who takes any shots at any given time, doesn't use his speed, no drive to the net, no dekes, no nothing! his acceleration is crap too. Worst part hes making 6mill on Canadiens Cap . I've said this last year that he was cancer of the team too. You can see Plekanec getting frustrated many times with him...there was a 2on1 where Gionta should've passed the puck and he had Plekanec talking to himself afterwards, looking very angry.

3. Bishop played great, but luck was definitely on his side tonight. You don't get 3 posts including a post-crossbar rebound without owing a shrine to Fortuna.

I blame CoolAsPrice. He jinxed us badly.

4. CHarlie

CHarlie They feed me CHicken

handing over empties
    Im not concerned about this game as much as the next. If we lose 3 in a row to the leafs I am going to lose it.

5. Pricef*

Pricef* Guest

Well said. Completelt agree. You need to have watched the game to have the proper perspective.:D

6. disturbedraven

disturbedraven Lets rock

Home Page:
    As much as it pains me to say this as a Habs fan, I really really hate the whole "sky is falling" mentality that a good chunk of the fan base exudes after a loss. It disgusts me, especially after a game like we seen last night. We played probably one of the strongest full games of the season despite the lack of W to show for it. Somedays I wish I could take back having read some of the posts that sadly I end up having to sift through until I can find a post of someone who is actually rational. We played a great game last night and could have easily won, end of story. :shakehead

tl:dr version: For everyone over-reacting, please turn off your internet and return your modem

7. Kjell Dahlin

Kjell Dahlin Registered User

I did not watch the game but looking at the game report, the Canadiens outshot the Sens 45-24. Does it appropriately depict the game? Because if it does, I am with you: people seriously need to chill out!

Side note:

While reading the game report, I also noticed that Desharnais (69%) and Eller (71%) had a monster night in the faceoff circle... good for us!

8. BlackStar

BlackStar Registered User

Many of you were expecting the team to contend for a lottery pick. Instead, the team is at the top of the conference/league. We finally have two VERY VERY good rookies to go along with the good young players we already have on this team. Therrien for the most part is doing a fantastic job. Markov is healthy. We finally have a good bottom 6...

And in a game where we play very well, only to get robbed time after time by a hot goalie and posts...What do Hab fans do? Whine and Whine. Again, nothing wrong with criticizing the team, but the illogical, self-entitled, cry-baby, and fickle posts when the team has 14 points out of a possible 16 in it's last 8 games?:shakehead

Gionta has to be better for sure, and while i dislike MT using Gionta in the shootout, I understand it as well. Also, Price isn't terrible at shootouts, he isn't amazing, but he isn't terrible.

No one deserves to be blamed for this lost, the team played well. Sometimes you just give credit to whatever worked for the other team (Bishop) and move on. If we play like this on Wednesday, I don't think we will lose.

9. BlackStar

I completely agree man. It's like they think they are entitled to wins every game.

10. Shabutie

Shabutie Registered User

I don't get why everyone is so focused on shots. We shot from the outside, without any traffic in front of Bishop. The few times that we actually went to the net, we hit the post - scored or the refs whistled it down early. Bishop didn't have to make very many difficult saves. The guy is 6'7, he'll stop those point shots/perimeter shots all day. We had plenty of time with the puck, but other than 1-2 players, no one was willing to pay the price in front of the net. That's why we lost. We lost the same way vs. the sens last time. They do a good job at taking your space away, so unless you fight for it - you won't get quality scoring chances.

11. IceDaddy

IceDaddy Registered User

meh.....Bishop stole it for them...it happens

12. Tuggy

Tuggy Registered User

I don't know what game you watched but the Habs had tons of quality scoring chances. Galchenyuk alone had like 3 or 4.

13. lamp9post

lamp9post Registered User

Gionta actually had one of his better games recently. Despite looking terrible in the shootout, he actually made some plays in the offensive zone which I haven't seen from him in a while.

14. Habs 4 Life

Habs 4 Life No Excuses

The Habs played an excellent game, not sure why people are complaining but they dominated the entire game and were victim of a red hot goalie in Bishop. **** happens and we at least skated away with a point

The only thing I would have done differently, I personally wouldn't have sent Gionta at #4 when the game was on the line and could have ended. Pacioretty or Markov would have been my picks but it's 50/50 I get that and it's no big deal

15. coolasprICE

coolasprICE Registered User

Business owner-prof.poker
    But I got us a point on the road - Im sure Therrien will take that.

16. CrAzYNiNe

CrAzYNiNe who could have predicted?

The only part that pissed me off, was seeing Gionta out there in SO. I'm sorry but he doesn't have the hands to that anymore.

17. Bob b smith

Bob b smith Registered User

Shot count appropriately depicts the game.

18. BlackStar

Ironically, it is you who needs a baby-sitter. The ignorance in your post is quite alarming. Gionta hasn't been playing well, that's for sure. But you want us to believe that the captain of one of the best teams in the league so far this year is the cancer of the team? :laugh:

Also, greedy? Seriously? He is a scorer, he is supposed to shoot. He doesn't have the greatest vision nor passing skills out there, so why shouldn't he use his shooting skills to try to score? Not much has changed in his game, except off-timing.

And stop with the nonsense, you are making things up. Plekanec is not frustrated with Gionta, his good friend and captain. Nor would Plekanec display his frustration at anyone on the team any-ways, at-least not publicly.

19. Monctonscout

Monctonscout Monctonscout

By the same token, you can't say any of the Ottawa chances were very good ones. Either weak shots or from far away. Too bad Price lost focus on the weak goal.

Ottawa clogged the middle of the zone, but we still got 8-10 grade A scoring chances. One went in. Bishop made 3-4 big saves, the others either ended up on the post and 3-4 glorious chances we missed the net.

20. Ben Chariot

Ben Chariot Formerly DLOs Monstruous Neck

Learn about hockey. You obviously have no clue about that game.

21. Monctonscout

Monctonscout Monctonscout

Gionta is struggling to score, but calling him a cancer is so far off the mark it's frightening. Please log off the internet immediately! :shakehead

22. OldCraig71

OldCraig71 Registered User

Boom ba boom boom boom.:handclap:

23. Perrah

Perrah Registered User

Watch Ward and Fleury play and then ask yourself that question again. Ward has given up more weak goals in a calendar week than Price will all season, and Fleury is Fleury, never know when he will let one roll through him. Even Miller is giving up some terrible goals all season even though he is playing relatively well.

And I love the people jumping on about him sucking in shootouts this year considering he is posting a .750 in the shootout, I would think that is pretty good for a 1 on 1. It puts him 10th in the league for shoot out sv %, with the top 5 guys only having 2 saves on 2 attempts.

24. JustAHabFan

JustAHabFan Registered User

We got a lot of chances close in. A couple of break away. What we did not get was the second chance (rebounds). Bishop was very very good last night. I am happy with the team efforts.

25. Habaddict

Habaddict Registered User

Someone saw the same game I did. If I had a way to record this one,
    maybe I could have watched both games. The one the habs played in Ottawa
    last night, and the one most of the posters here saw.