Yay - Habs lose to Senators in Shootout 2-1

HarlemsFinest

teh gallys!!1
Jul 2, 2009
Montreal
www.montrealracing.com
@ people who can't see price is a top goalie;

go jerk off to tim thomas and hasek replays. clearly you are only impressed by OOHs and AHH's unconventional style goalies. maybe if price wasn't so technically perfect and calm, you could cheer at his crazy saves that he would cause himself to have to make because he would put himself out of position creating the need for an OOh and AHHH save on the second and third plays. this is not to downplay guys like hasek, they are world class, but i get the impression people think carey isn't that great because he makes it look too easy. he's a victim of his own success.

you're just bored because the buck stops at the first play. my heart doesn't even race when opponents close in on carey. i'm waiting to see his save. i used to have a heart attack with any one else in net. but find me any top goalie who hasn't let in a weak goal. he's always improving and making more clutch saves at key momentum points than he used to. it doesn't come overnight but through hard work. just because he's not necessarily a generational talent like roy, he's still a top level goalie who has improved since the beginning and is entering his prime who is going to be at least the second goalie in the olympics.

Last edited:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Only 2 goalies on this list are clearly consistently top 5 and have been for more than 2-3 years. Lundqvist and Rinne. I guess Thomas would have made the list, and you could make a case for Luongo, but I hate Luongo and I think he's just playing behind a good team in Vancouver. I'm not his biggest fan.

The rest ? Maybe none of them are consistent top 5 guys and they fluctuate, like Price. That's basically my point. Why Price more than Luongo, Quick, Miller, Ward, Fleury ? He hasn't done anything more than them. In fact, he has done probably less than most of these names.

In the end, its just all rankings. He's still one of the best goalie in the league. As long as he helps us win most of the time, I'm ok with that no matter if he's top 5 or top 8 or whatever, there's not big difference between 2 and 8 anyways.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Meh, I'll give this game a pass. When you almost outshoot your opponent 2-1 and hit 4-5 posts, and are held to one goal, you just weren't meant to win. I wont begrudge the Sens this lucky win, they've had so much bad luck this year.

On to Toronto.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I believe you owe your nipples to breast cancer research.

Note to self: When coolasPrice has a strong feeling that something will happen, it will NOT happen.

Underestimated the Sens, that's what happens.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Gionta bashing is almost as stupid as Cole bashing. I wish some people would kick the internet habit.

If you think the internet is not up to your standards, well I've got a pretty good idea for you; close the window and find a new habbit. But before doing so, while you're at it, why would you not justify how you think it's stupid exactly? Unless, you know, you have absolutely no argument to back it up?

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Tough loss. But at least the team is playing well and manage to get a point. All these loser point will be big at the end of the season.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
The Habs certainly didn't

It was pretty even for about 8-10 minutes, and then it was pretty much all Habs for the rest of the game until Regin hits the post.

Ya I thought it was a good game over all both teams had opportunities to win it in regulation.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
****ing Gio. Could have stepped up and win it with that backhand top cheese. No excuses missing that shot. His and bread and butter too.

We really need to boo him out of town. We missed our shot with Gomez, but we damn well can do it with Gio. Amirite guys ?!!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
In the end, its just all rankings. He's still one of the best goalie in the league. As long as he helps us win most of the time, I'm ok with that no matter if he's top 5 or top 8 or whatever, there's not big difference between 2 and 8 anyways.

Except people have claimed he's one of the best for a while, and now he's earning top 3 cap hit money so he has to play to that potential.

En3rgiee89

Apr 2, 2012
Bad game for Subban, we didn't finish our opportunities and ran into a hot goalie tonight. The sens were exactly what we expected. A well coached team who played solid.

THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE ! lol

We'll get the next one, good game boys

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
After losses, i should only post on HFboards 30 mins after the end of the game. Real solid effort for the Habs tonight. Kudos to Bishop for stealing the game.

Yeah Carey gave up a bad goal, but has been real solid since the beginning of the year.

On an optic of making the playoffs, tonight was a big road point. on most night, if we play like tonight this would have been a win.

Not lets regroup and destroy the Leafs on wednesday!! Go! Habs! Go!! :habs

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Dekes are how to beat a big lump like Bishop. The problem is there's only a few forwards on this team who aren't embarassing at it.

Saku would have left him with his pants off, in the net, with the puck.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
After losses, i should only post on HFboards 30 mins after the end of the game. Real solid effort for the Habs tonight. Kudos to Bishop for stealing the game.

Yeah Carey gave up a bad goal, but has been real solid since the beginning of the year.

On an optic of making the playoffs, tonight was a big road point. on most night, if we play like tonight this would have been a win.

Not lets regroup and destroy the Leafs on wednesday!! Go! Habs! Go!! :habs

I agree. Habs played great, ran into a hot goalie. Can't win them all but that is 8 straight games with at least one point. :handclap:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I have seen the picture, hoverhand big time.
lol I had to actually google hoverhand. Awwwwwwkward. Rest assured, there is no hoverhand. :)

She's a very sweet girl though. She actually let my friend and I shoot on stage for her the second time we photographed her. That was ****ing awesome. Got some free merch as well for our "troubles." Not sure how it was trouble getting free tickets and being on stage for a concert. :laugh:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Except people have claimed he's one of the best for a while, and now he's earning top 3 cap hit money so he has to play to that potential.
I think he is. Goalies have good and bad years like any player. Price is very consistent. He's a top 5 goalie in the league for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad