Yay - Habs lose to Senators in Shootout 2-1

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007
This board is hilarious. We're first in the division and on an 8 game point streak and the knives are out for 1/2 the team.

Some guys here are only happy when they have something to b1tch about and tonight is the closest thing they've had to an excuse to complain in 2 weeks and they're taking full advantage.

Looking forward to the leafs game. Same effort as tonight and I like their chances.

Go Habs.

Slippy13

Mar 6, 2008
Montreal, Qc
Well Bishop is part of the Sens too. And take a look at their line up, take a look at the injury list, take a look at the standings.. They are not that bad.

8-9 players in their line up tonight have under 50 nhl games in their career and they still beat us. Give them some credits.

There is no credit to be given for tonight. I conceed they have done metric f-ton better than they should be considering the injuries but tonight's game was a **** show. COMPLETELY dominated in all aspects. This game can be a 5-6-7 to nothing game 4 times out of 5.

68*

I don't know why but these kinds of losses hurt more than when you get outplayed by a good team and lose. It's like studying very hard for a test and only getting 60%.

I just hope the team will be able to bounce back after this.

I hate shootouts. The game was actually pretty exciting during regulation and overtime but I guess the "fans" in the USA want a lame shootout to decide the outcome of a game.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
There is no credit to be given for tonight. I conceed they have done metric f-ton better than they should be considering the injuries but tonight's game was a **** show. COMPLETELY dominated in all aspects. This game can be a 5-6-7 to nothing game 4 times out of 5.

Except one, in goal. Bishop won the dual and it was enough for them to win the game unfortunately.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I just think they deserve more credits and they "look" bad because of their injuries.

We played one hell of a game, I'm not even mad about the loss. Like Therrien said, it was a great road game but we got beaten by a hot goalie. It happens.

I am of the same mindset, I'm not even mad we lost because I know we played well and were the better team. I just hope we keep it up through this tough week of games.

Sorry if I seemed insensitive about the Senators. We all know they are dealing with injuries which is why they look so bad. Their goalie was the difference. It sucks, but it happens. Like you said, as Habs fans we should know what it's like more than anyone.

smithy

May 31, 2011
New York
MTL should have won tonight. You ran into a hot goalie.

That said, the team and Ottawa fans deserve this. Three injured superstars and two more critical players injured is a lot to bear.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Man I hate PGT's after a loss. So many random posters freaking out.

I don't blame Therrien for putting Gionta in on the shootout. He's the captain and should be expected to perform in pressure situations. Therrien needs to test that theory. He wasn't the one who put the C on Gionta's jersey.
As for Pleks in the shootout... ya, that was a bad move. I love Pleks but the shootout is clearly not his thing. And there's nothing really wrong with that because he shows up big when actual hockey is being played.

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Deserved win by Ottawa !! :nod:

Ben Bishop is a monster.... he is going to be a good one !!

Brian Gionta, as I predicted when the habs got him and Gomez, is garbage... The habs will never do anything good when someone like him is the Captain !! Completely useless player and undersized smurf...

Definately the worst captain in the history of this team by a fair margin.

Wanted to see Eller getting more ice time and have a shot in the shootout, but didn't happen...

Also, P.K Subban was garbage and is the 5th or 6th defencemen at this moment.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Even Therrien doesn't seem mad about the loss. He knows his team played well, we got beat by a hot goalie, it happens. At least we got a point.

He should be mad at himself for having Gionta on the ice on PPs and the SO.
He F'd up and has been F'in up in that respect all season long. Just imagine where the Habs would be if Gionta wasn't on the PP or the SO.
SIGH!

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Get over yourself. Gionta is a ****ing disgrace out there. I swear, if it wasn't about the fact that he's small and that he's known for working hard, he'd deserve as much bashing as Gomez did last season.

He's useless on the forecheck. He never creates anything. His shots are weak and easy to stop. And for one of the only places where he could be useful to this team, he doesn't even get a shot on net.

Yeah. But blame Galchenyuk. You just show how much you have an agenda.

:laugh: He points out Galchenyuk to highlight the hypocrisy of posters such as you. Agenda :laugh: He obviously has an agenda against the best prospect we've had since Price :sarcasm:

Also, this is terrible, re-hashed ********. If anything, you have an agenda against Gionta.

68*

To make you feel better: We're gonna get outplayed badly by a team soon and we will be saved by Price/goalposts.

To make you feel bad: Gionta and Kaberle both have another year on their contracts. Thank you Gainey & Gauthier.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Obviously not the result you guys wanted but just wanted to say this was a great game.

was for us for sure, but i swear when games like this happens to us, when we are outplayed, im this close to a heart attack. great game in a adrenaline rush kinda way.

that said, major, major props for what your team is accomplishing

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
what the **** are sens fans chirping about? we sucked last year and still managed to go 4-0-2 vs them...this year...two games that were tight, including ryan white's meltdown..and tonight we got owned by a goalie

as i said on main board. we'll see if they can play this rope a dope on the road

Just think about how hard it is to force yourself to even BE a Sens fan with that ridiculous centurion bs. They're not a far cry from leaf fandom. BTW, they never ended up winning a PO series against them all those times, did they?

Let them chirp. I really hope it's mostly about their goalie, or even more so, the god damn posts. I didn't even think Bishop was that miraculous. Well-positioned, yes. Solid, yes. Lucky, YES! A decent finishing attempt on one of 5-6 gimmes would be goals. We got snakebit by the pipes more than the goalie. His strongest suit was taking space away from the shooters.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Tough to blame the goalie for only letting in 1 goal...but you could just tell Price was off from the get-go. Never looked comfortable all game long. Should've had the regulation goal and he didn't look great on either shoot-out goal. Oh well.

Really have to question Gionta to win it in the SO. He hasn't shown any more offense or creativity than a fourth-liner all year and he's your guy to win it? Come on Therrien...Gionta's attempt was that of a guy who had no confidence and knew it. Ugly.

Meh..sucks to generally play so well and not get a win, but at least we did play well. Onto the next. Undefeated in regulation in over 2 weeks.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Gio played great tonight, but I guess HF always needs a scapegoat. Subban, on the other hand, played his worst game of the season.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Gionta bashing is almost as stupid as Cole bashing. I wish some people would kick the internet habit.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
just curious... who is your top 5 goalie in the NHL right now?

Because you seem to think that every good goalies are always good and never have a bad (1 goal against).

Is Miller, Lundqvist still top 5? Or Halak that never played more than 58 games in a season? Luongo? Brodeur? Fleury? Quick? who came down to earth this season.

There's Rinne who is very consistent but how many of these goalies above deserves a solid top 5 spot?

Only 2 goalies on this list are clearly consistently top 5 and have been for more than 2-3 years. Lundqvist and Rinne. I guess Thomas would have made the list, and you could make a case for Luongo, but I hate Luongo and I think he's just playing behind a good team in Vancouver. I'm not his biggest fan.

The rest ? Maybe none of them are consistent top 5 guys and they fluctuate, like Price. That's basically my point. Why Price more than Luongo, Quick, Miller, Ward, Fleury ? He hasn't done anything more than them. In fact, he has done probably less than most of these names.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
We played pretty good, we dominated the whole game. We should have won 3-0 or 4-0.
Most of the players had a good game. The one that stood out the most is Desharnais.
On the negative, I'd say Gionta, Emelin and Price. The performance of Price in SO was mediocre, even his saves didn't look convincing. He made awful move on the last goal.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
He should be mad at himself for having Gionta on the ice on PPs and the SO.
He F'd up and has been F'in up in that respect all season long. Just imagine where the Habs would be if Gionta wasn't on the PP or the SO.
SIGH!

I can't really argue on that.

But as a coach, you want your captain to get going that's why he puts Gio in the best situation to succeed.

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
Seriously? Eller has some of the best hands on the team, the only player with better hands is galchenyuk.
Sounds more like an opinion and less like a fact.
I'll believe it when I see it translated in hard numbers.

Hard numbers to mesure hands quality, hmm... Eller has 7 double-jointed fingers on each hand which allows him manoeuvrability and wider range of motion :yo:

Subban really needs to learn how to play a team game in the offensive zone ; Sens were waiting on him every time with his spinoramas, pivots and predictable useless one-timers. Diaz much more effective than him thus far.

Other than that, I thought the team played a great game. Gio is clearly on the down slope ; no need for all the hate though

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
fd8tmp.jpg

Maybe I should have tried calling another one :cry:

You let the us down, you let the team down and worst of all you let Katherine down. She deserves better, send her my way. :p:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad