OT: Yanny or Laurel?

So what do you hear???

• Total voters

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
The trick to these things is what your brain isolates at any given time

With the dress, sometimes you'd see it blue and black sometimes you'd see it white and gold, and you can trick your brain into switching between them - but typically your brain is already wired up to see it one way and stick with it

With this sound one, you can get your brain to isolate certain sounds and hear either

For me, when I first played it I heard a weird robotic "yanny" that turned into "laurel" as the video played.

same here. First time I heard it I heard Yammy, not even Yanny. Then when I played it again all I have heard is Laurel- clear as day. Although that first time, my wife played it for me and asked what I heard. Didnt even give me a choice of what the answers were.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
same here. First time I heard it I heard Yammy, not even Yanny. Then when I played it again all I have heard is Laurel- clear as day. Although that first time, my wife played it for me and asked what I heard. Didnt even give me a choice of what the answers were.

My daughter heard Yammy also- and I instantly thought of Don Cherry and how he used to bag on Jagr: "poor Yammy Jagr" :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad