Waived: Yannick Weber waived (UPDATE: Clears waivers and assigned to Utica)

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Corrado is seen as a pretty high end prospect that is NHL ready. If he's getting traded you can bet the asking price is Bjugstad, Canucks have been coveting him for a while. At one point, they contacted Bjugstand to see how he would like playing for the Canucks when trade rumors were heating up.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
So they tampered? not sure if I buy that. Really the Canucks need more help with scoring and centre than on defense, so a Corrado for a NHL ready forward prospect would make a lot of sense.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Put it this way - David Booth continues to look like he has zero acceleration, zero puck control, zero defensive coverage, zero passing, zero hitting, and zero finish. His act is running real thin. I will not be surprised whatsoever if he finds himself as a 4th liner or scratched next game.

Welsh falls as the 4th line Center/13th forward depending on how the team decides they are going to use Richardson, Booth and Sestito. Sestito knows his role and at least he is willing to hit and fight. Richardson should be in the top 9 right now with how our roster looks. He is getting moved up part way through the game anyways.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Hansen/Kassian
Richardson Santorelli Hansen/Kassian
Booth/Sestito Welsh Weise
Booth/Sestito Dalpe

This is what it should look like. Booth's leash is so short at this point. he should not be getting anymore chances and if welsh staying up is an indication i don't think he will.

https://twitter.com/VanCanucks/status/402515795831693312

#Canucks practice has forwards in following colours: Blue 22-33-14, Green 20-25-17, Grey 36-15-9, Red 7,13,21,29,32.

looks like tortorella reads my hfboards posts and agrees with me :)

EDIT: his second and third lines could use some work.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Last night Booth showed me in person how little he cares. Guy has all the tools but just doesn't seem to give a damn. Torts said in post game that 2-3 guys are barely treading water so maybe Booth is one of those guys? Sort of has to be, he doesn't score, hit, fight, pk or take face-offs.

Could anyone explain his actual value?
I'd go Booth for Malhotra lol

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Corrado is seen as a pretty high end prospect that is NHL ready. If he's getting traded you can bet the asking price is Bjugstad, Canucks have been coveting him for a while. At one point, they contacted Bjugstand to see how he would like playing for the Canucks when trade rumors were heating up.

So they tampered? not sure if I buy that. Really the Canucks need more help with scoring and centre than on defense, so a Corrado for a NHL ready forward prospect would make a lot of sense.

i'd imagine tallon gave permission or we'd never have heard about it.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Corrado and Hamhuis for E. Kane and 1st rounder?

Can't trade 2 d-men without getting one in return.

IMO, Hanhuis, Da Beard and Bieksallent are here for the duration of their contract.

Stanton is a perfect and cheap #6; going nowhere.

Tanev is an RFA, played well, but if the price is right could be traded for Top 6 help.

Corrado only ever gets traded if we bring a legit impact forward. Unlikely.

Edler is the key. Relatively young, Top 2 guy, all-round d-man, LT deal.

He'd be the one to make a splash. Unfortunately by the looks of things, that splash should have been in the summer.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Much prefer Alberts to Weber, so I like the move. I'll take his good play last season over a poor pre-season when determining what he adds to the team.

As for the Corrado stuff, maybe Weber replaces him because he's getting called up to our top six.. not traded. Tanev in a trade for a forward has always made sense.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Much prefer Alberts to Weber, so I like the move. I'll take his good play last season over a poor pre-season when determining what he adds to the team.

As for the Corrado stuff, maybe Weber replaces him because he's getting called up to our top six.. not traded. Tanev in a trade for a forward has always made sense.

I hope they don't move Corrado.

I don't much prefer Alberts to Weber, but I can understand why they kept Alberts over Weber. At ES he _may_ give you more overall. Weber couldn't steady himself at ES and so this is the result. Alberts couldn't either, this year, but then he has the past track record so he seems a safer bet to re-find that game than Weber is in establishing his.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
This is a great move because it shows Tortorella has some input. Torts obviously didn't like Weber's game. I doubt Alberts is any different. Booth, too.

This is progress.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I can't believe people, deep down in their hearts, actually truly care which one of the 7/8/9 D-men got waived.

Put me down in the "mildy annoyed category". Much like the old putting "Barker *and* Alberts" on the iced roster over Keith Ballard. In the end, it doesn't much in the greater scheme of things. Though in retrospect, Cam Barker isn't likely to play another game in the NHL (and we all know the cluster**** Alberts has been since pre-season & couldn't get any other NHL to give him a better offer than the esentially minimum wage deal from the Canucks). Ballard at least, is playing as an actual #6 D right now.

Alberts is no better than the #8 guy on the roster (I'd put Corrado ahead of him - but better to have a guy like Alberts in the pressbox selling 50/50 tickets than Corrado). Would've liked Weber seen some time on the power play.

Last edited:

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Corrado for Matthias and Campbell @ 50%

Then edler for a forward

That I would actually do - Campbell @ $3.6M would be amazing. Don't think there's any chance Florida does that though. Depends on the forward Edler brings back too, and cap situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->