Confirmed with Link: Yannick Weber NOT qualified (signs a 1 year deal with Vancouver)

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Big shot, not enough of anything else.

He'll have a long way to go in order to find a regular top 6 spot in vancouver. Perhaps a change of scenery will do the trick.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Big shot, not enough of anything else.

He'll have a long way to go in order to find a regular top 6 spot in vancouver. Perhaps a change of scenery will do the trick.

I think we ruined him a bit by playing him in random positions as we saw fit during his development. Not to say he'd be a franchise player or anything close but he'd probably be more steady at a single position if he didn't sit a year and be forward the other.

Good luck weber, it's up to him to prove himself.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Vancouver has a reasonably large bunch on D. They will be able to let Weber go out and play and he will do well. The habs might have that luxury in a year or three once Diaz or Markov get replaced by more physical guys but they can't really play a third non-physical pmd next year without getting killed, especially with Emelin out for potentially months.

It's still going to look bad from a stats point if Weber gets significant ice time with a big hitter for his partner. Vancouver will be happy.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Really have a hard time thinking he wasn't worth a 5th round draft pick but then, we have to think that Bergevin did indeed ask everybody if they weren't interested.

I think his 1 year/league minimum contract answer that question.

Nobody wanted to trade assets for him.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Good luck for le jeune veber but I expect he'll be playing in Switzerland next year

Doubtful, he just signed with Vancouver.

I think he'll do well if given a real chance, problem here is we had too many other guys with the same skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad