Confirmed with Link: Yannick Weber NOT qualified (signs a 1 year deal with Vancouver)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
ill definately be upset we never traded him for a draft pick

wanted him gone for years but i never thought we'd lose him for nothin, bah

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
At one point people, you have to think that if Weber is still with us, is because nobody wants him. And will bet that Bergevin will indeed not qualify him, hence having him AND not giving anything in return. Weber does not have a whole lot of value if any. I still believe that he'd be worth at least a 5th rounder....and clearly at this point, Bergevin would also deal him for a 7th rounder...but if it's not done, might as well think that nobody wants him....yet.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
No reason not to QO and just send him down. If no one wants him, he'll get through and help out Hamilton. God knows they need it.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
At one point people, you have to think that if Weber is still with us, is because nobody wants him. And will bet that Bergevin will indeed not qualify him, hence having him AND not giving anything in return. Weber does not have a whole lot of value if any. I still believe that he'd be worth at least a 5th rounder....and clearly at this point, Bergevin would also deal him for a 7th rounder...but if it's not done, might as well think that nobody wants him....yet.

It's time to cleanse the roster of marginal players. I hope Bergevin can trade him for a draft pick. I agree he'd be worth at least a fifth rounder, but what team would be interested in him? Maybe the Islanders, since he plays like a pale carbon copy of Mark Streit, whom they just traded.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
It's a fairly chunky QO for a guy who probably still won't play for the team. Does it have to be 1-way since his last deal was? I forget. If so, obviously they won't qualify him.

And hopefully he finds a home and can blossom with the change of scenery. It's too early for him to head back to the Swiss league or whatever. He showed flashes of being able to play in the NHL. It would be nice if he could get a fresh start somewhere before giving up. Although if there is KHL money in play, he would probably do well there, probably better than having to try to prove himself all over again in a new NHL organization.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Kind of a head scratcher, you'd think a lot of teams would be interested with the cap coming down.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
At this point, we'll obviously lose him for nothing, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out being a decent D with offensive upside for a rebuilding team. I think having a secured spot in the NHL would do wonders for him.

He's pretty much a poor man's Streit, and we also never put much confidence in Streit, who blossomed with the NYI. Weber won't get that far, but he probably needs a vote of confidence to become a useful D in the NHL.

I'd defininetly jump on him if I was the GM of a struggling team, and wouldn't think twice about giving a 5th for him.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Should have traded him for a 6th or so a year ago. Terrible management with him for a while now. Poor Weber.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
@RenLavoieRDS: Marc Bergevin n'écarte pas la possibilité de ne pas faire d'offre qualificative à Yannick Weber. #RDS #canadiens

@RenLavoieRDS: Marc Bergevin does not know yet if he'll give a qualifying offer to Yannick Weber. #canadiens #RDS

I still think we could get a 3rd or 4th for him....

You really think that MB would not try to trade Weber without letting him go as an unrestricted free agent?

Chances are that he couldn't get anything at the trade deadline and that things are not any different right now. I'm always surprised to see people think that a GM would let a player walk without even trying to trade him before.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
That's funny it wasn't long ago people were saying he was worth a 3rd at worse.............LOL

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He isn't worth anything? Is he worth much less than Drewiski or Blunden? This is all very confusing...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Drewiske signed for 637k, Weber's QO is 945k.

White's QO is around 700k.

Maybe at 600 or 700k Weber has a lot more interest with a dropping cap.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
This guy never had a chance, from being dressed as the 7th guy to play on the 4th line most of the nights....o well now Diaz, Tinordi and Beeaulieu all passed him on the depth chart.And Eliis,Dietz,Nygren coming up so it time to move on.

Like others said this is really confusing, great in the OHL and in the AHL RH shooting D with over 100 NHL games under his belt and he is not worth anything?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad