Player Discussion: Yanni Gourde

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The fact that this guy can play in any role in the lineup is very valuable. We know he can be on that 3rd line shutdown unit, but we've also seen him be able to produce offensively in the top 6. One of our better PKers and on the 2nd PP unit.

Speedy, able to grind it out in the dirty areas and has a bit of a pest/mean side to him. If he was making under 5 it would be great, but between him, Johnson and Killorn Id keep him from the 3.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I see Yanni as more of a terrier type. Tons of non-stop energy, obnoxiously yappy, never hesitates to get in the face of the big dogs... :laugh:
“Pit Bulls” are terriers (short for American Pit Bull Terrier and a couple others that get lumped together). If you already knew that, I apologize. It seemed like your comment was more of an argument than an agreement

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
“Pit Bulls” are terriers (short for American Pit Bull Terrier and a couple others that get lumped together). If you already knew that, I apologize. It seemed like your comment was more of an argument than an agreement

Sorry, wasn't trying to argue, just have had owned or knew a bunch of small terrier types (mini schnauzers, westies, cairn terriers etc.) with yappy small dog attitudes that remind me of Gourde. I don't tend to think of pitties as the small, yappy annoying type of terrier. :)

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Sorry, wasn't trying to argue, just have had owned or knew a bunch of small terrier types (mini schnauzers, westies, cairn terriers etc.) with yappy small dog attitudes that remind me of Gourde. I don't tend to think of pitties as the small, yappy annoying type of terrier. :)
No need to apologize. I meant that it didn’t seem like you were saying “Yeah, you’re right, he IS like a terrier” (because he or she said “pit bull”, and you knew that pits are terriers) or if you were saying, “No, you are wrong. He is not like a pit bull, he is instead like a terrier” (in which case, I was just pointing out that “pit bulls” ARE terriers). And I understood you to be referring to dogs like rat terriers or mini schnauzers but I personally wouldn’t classify “pit bulls” (again, there are many types of dogs referred to by that name) as big or large dogs. Mine was mixed with an English Bulldog though so he may have been shorter than some pure bloods.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
On pace for a career high in goals over an 82 game season. Sometimes guys just slump for a year.

Reactions: NatoGhost

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Confidence is so huge in all sports. Palat and Gourde both had great post seasons and have carried it into this year. Yanni more than Palat lately.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Another key point is his insane speed. I just hope the hit yesterday doesn’t have any long term negative effect on him.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Gourde has really stepped it up and has been our best player on offenses at times. He is the spark that makes the engine go this season on offense.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Gourde needs to be here next year. We can send Brown and Paquette packing. Neither one have contributed much and their size for their play style is what's killing our bottom 6 imo. Their speed and offense is too poor to utilize Browns speed and Paquette's energy. We need size that can virtually do it all. Gourde complimenting the 3rd or 4th with his abilities would be ideal. Gourde, Dumont and a power forward with some wheels would be a hell of a 4th line.

Gourde had 6 goals in a short amount of time. Go look at Brown and Paquette's totals.

Now cry.
This aged well. Nice assessment dude.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Rock, Paper, Scissors could be an interesting combine interview thing.

The first throw is what's up. Binnington throws scissors, Gourde throws paper. These guys are in the NHL now for a reason. Most guys throw rock first. It doesn't really matter what they go with, but their reasoning. Do they stick to da struckshure and use set gambits? Do they figure that they'll see rock in the first round? Do they throw arbitrarily?

Binnington going with scissors implies he did some pre-scouting on Gourde (or went with something random).

How to Win at Rock-Paper-Scissors (and also how to cheat)
1 - Rock is for Rookies
In RPS circles a common mantra is "Rock is for Rookies" because males have a tendency to lead with Rock on their opening throw. It has a lot to do with idea that Rock is perceived as "strong" and forceful", so guys tend to fall back on it.
The cheating part is probably going to be relevant for TBL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->