Player Discussion: Yanni Gourde

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
July 1, 2018 – June 15, 2021: Full 'No Trade' clause. / June 15, 2021 - June 30, 2024: Player submits a 20 team trade list.
For all the talk of our NTCs, they are all structured really well. A wrench just got thrown into everything when, for instance, Erik Cernak turned into a real asset, and Anthony Cirelli turned into a potential Selke winner before he was 25. I don't think, two years ago, anybody would have believed we'd be talking about the need to come up with as much as 8-10m, combined, to sign these two.

But I mean, if Gourde has a solid year 2020/2021, moving him to a 20 team list will be easy. It just came a year too late.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Ok so yeah he’s not getting moved this offseason.
Never know. I would say its like a 30% chance he does. I totally believe after negotiations with Cirelli, Cernak, and Serge, once Brisebois understands how much room they have make, that he'll go to Johnson and ask. Its up to Johnson whether he wants to leave or not.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Never know. I would say its like a 30% chance he does. I totally believe after negotiations with Cirelli, Cernak, and Serge, once Brisebois understands how much room they have make, that he'll go to Johnson and ask. Its up to Johnson whether he wants to leave or not.

I don't see anyone waiving. Especially guys with families. We can say, "but maybe they want more playing time somewhere else," but in reality, if they stay, there's just as great a likelihood they will get more time right here. Because at least one forward is going to have to leave, which would most likely lead to more icetime for Johnson or Gourde.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
what a pass to Coleman...he wasnt throwing puck just for luck,he knew what he is doing!! Great play by Gourde)

Reactions: EXTRAS

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
what a pass to Coleman...he wasnt throwing puck just for luck,he knew what he is doing!! Great play by Gourde)

I hope we don't trade gourde to fix the cap. He could be the next jt miller. Get rid of ty Johnson or pAlat instead.

Reactions: Loki Dekker

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Gourde was on that boat looking like a party frat boy in college! Even though he is 28 years old looks young for his real age!

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I hope we don't trade gourde to fix the cap. He could be the next jt miller. Get rid of ty Johnson or pAlat instead.
Just watched a handful of recap and Gourde was a monster on the forecheck. Healthy Palat I'm not sure, but over Johnson ? yes probably.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Gourde was on that boat looking like a party frat boy in college! Even though he is 28 years old looks young for his real age!
Lol he's also deceptively ripped.

200.gif

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah at least for the playoffs I would like to keep that line intact. I'm sure over the course of the season we will have to do some mixing up, though.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad