Player Discussion: Yanni Gourde

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Does adding Christian Fischer to the 14th overall move the needle?

Not really, we don't need anymore wingers. He is a right hand shot which is nice but would be a bottom 6 guy and we have plenty of our own who need a shot. Oesterle would be the ideal choice outside of Crouse. Connauton would also work better than Fischer too. Unless we can immediately flip Fischer with Callahan then I'll take him.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Not really, we don't need anymore wingers. He is a right hand shot which is nice but would be a bottom 6 guy and we have plenty of our own who need a shot. Oesterle would be the ideal choice outside of Crouse. Connauton would also work better than Fischer too. Unless we can immediately flip Fischer with Callahan then I'll take him.
Would you say you’re more inclined to take the 14th overall versus POJ?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Would you say you’re more inclined to take the 14th overall versus POJ?

Yes, with Hedman, McDonagh and Sergachev our need for a LD isn't high, especially as the center piece of a deal. A cheap short term bottom pair one is fine. Not sure who we would target at 14 just yet.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What needs to be added to 14th overall and Kevin Connauton to win the rest of you over?

Als0 - I noticed you're missing a 2nd. What holds more value to you; 14 alone or 14+45 for 27?

I don't get your second part. Of course everyone would trade 27 for 14 + 45, why would you?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Sorry, my post was incomplete. Got ahead of myself. What would you want in addition to 14+KConn for Gourde?

To take the Callahan contract off our hands. But besides that I think 14 + Connauton is fair value but if you want to add the 45 we could add our 3rd but doesn't seem like it's enough on our end. Maybe one of the 3rd's you have.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
To take the Callahan contract off our hands. But besides that I think 14 + Connauton is fair value but if you want to add the 45 we could add our 3rd but doesn't seem like it's enough on our end. Maybe one of the 3rd's you have.
14+76+Connauton for Gourde? I’d probably do that. It’s definitely not an easy price to pay, but give to get and all.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
gourde is one of our best forwards and as a contending team the pick is basically useless lol
I think most people would want to keep him but the fact is that him and Miller are the easiest players to trade. If we can't get Palat/Johnson to waive then there's not many options.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
ok sure, id do miller and a 4th for him

NOT gourde

Why the F would we trade Miller + 4th for someone Miller is currently better than? Gourde and Miller to me are fairly similar in value as both similar aged and contract. Both are good 2nd line wingers.

If Cooper is going to put Gourde with Stamkos and not Point who he has chemistry with than Gourde will be wasted a bit. His style doesn't work with Stamkos and if Joseph develops a bit more could play that speedy, fiesty, 2nd line winger role. Might not put up 60 points like Gourde did but 45-50.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Why the F would we trade Miller + 4th for someone Miller is currently better than? Gourde and Miller to me are fairly similar in value as both similar aged and contract. Both are good 2nd line wingers.

If Cooper is going to put Gourde with Stamkos and not Point who he has chemistry with than Gourde will be wasted a bit. His style doesn't work with Stamkos and if Joseph develops a bit more could play that speedy, fiesty, 2nd line winger role. Might not put up 60 points like Gourde did but 45-50.
thats where we differ, to me gourde is significantly better than miller. imo gourde should be played with point at all times, the two play so well together. the problem with stamkos and gourde together is that neither of them is a threat to carry the puck in and beat blueliners 1v1 while point is. joseph is that though, so i wouldnt hate gourde-point-kucherov then x-stamkos-joseph. or another idea that could work, add elite offensive talent to the best two way duo on the team cirelli and killorn, by putting kucherov on their right wing. play point and gourde on a line and stam and joseph on a line.

ton of options for tampas lines next year all depends on who stays and who goes.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This guy has been terrible so far. What gives?
64 points was a mirage, IMO. 45 is closer to what we can expect. I thought he looked pretty good with Palat and Johnson last night. But he needs pucks to be loose in the crease in order to be effective.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
This guy has been terrible so far. What gives?

Never should have signed him to that contract. Between his no-show in the playoffs, his offense dropping off when he was separated from Point, and our forthcoming cap crunch which will likely see us lose Cirelli or Sergachev, there was simply no reason why Gourde should have gotten that AAV and especially that full NTC.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Only thing about the Miller trade that I would change is that it was Gourde who went and Miller stayed. Dont think we get a unprotected 1st for him though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad