Confirmed with Link: Yann Danis (G) has signed a one-year, two-way contract (cap hit, upd in post #1)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
NEWS ALERT: #Flyers have signed free agent (G) Yann Danis to a one-year, two-way contract…

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers
-------------------------------------------

For those who asked…. Yann Danis' cap hit, if he makes it to the #NHL with the #Flyers would be $675,000.

https://twitter.com/AnthonySan37

-------------------------------------------

• Height: 6' 0"
  • Weight: 185
  • Catches: Left
  • Born: 21 Jun 1981
  • Birthplace: Lafontaine, QC, Canada

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471186

Career notes: Named the first team goaltender for the 2012 AHL Post-Season All-Star team...Last season's winner of the Aldege “Baz†Bastien Memorial Award as the AHL’s outstanding goaltender, as voted by AHL coaches, players and members of the media in each of the league’s 30 cities...Played the second period of the 2012 AHL All-Star Classic, stopping all 11 shots he faced...Has 8 seasons of professional experience, the first 4 with the Montreal Canadiens' organization, followed by single seasons with the New York Islanders (2008-09), NewJersey (2009-10), Amur Khabarovsk (2010-11) of the KHL and last season with OKC...Turned in a 32-save shutout at Atlanta in NHL debut Oct. 12, 2005, the first Montreal goalie to debut with a shutout since Wayne Thomas on Jan. 14, 1973...Made his AHL debut with Hamilton on Mar. 28, 2004, and turned in a 22-save shutout against Toronto...Played 4 years at Brown University, where he was ECAC Player and Goaltender of the Year in 2004...Named an NCAA East First All-American in 2004, when he was a Hobey Baker finalist and set an ECAC record single-season save percentage (.942)...Originally signed by Montreal on Mar. 19, 2004 after not being selected in any previous NHL Entry Drafts...Re-signed by Edmonton to a one-year contract July 1, 2012.

------------------------------

scpa0788.jpg

Photo from the Edmonton Journal ( http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/01/17/yann-danis-the-edmonton-oilers-waivers/ )

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Said in Emery's thread that we should be able to attract a good third goaltender. I've liked Yann Danis for a while. Great year with Oklahoma City

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Another great sigining. He's an AHL superstar. Phantoms might finally get out of the basement.

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
A couple days ago wasn't the word something like "Holmgren wanted to find a goalie by Friday and get the Giroux extension done as well."?

Well mission accomplished. Even got a 3rd stringer for goalie as well.
:clap:

ahthorne

Feb 23, 2013
Vancouver
The Phantoms could actually make some noise. Keep McGinn and Akeson in ADK and possibly Raffl and then here you go:

Noebels - Flanagan - Akeson
McGinn - Cousins - Straka
Newbury - Holmstrom - Raffl
Bordson - Brown - Alderson
Johnston, Mangene, Mathers, etc.

Lauridsen - Alt
Manning - Eddy
Bourdon* - Konan
Lamarche, Hostetter, etc.

Danis
Heeter
Chubak

Nice!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The Phantoms could actually make some noise. Keep McGinn and Akeson in ADK and possibly Raffl and then here you go:

Noebels - Flanagan - Akeson
McGinn - Cousins - Straka
Newbury - Holmstrom - Raffl
Bordson - Brown - Alderson
Johnston, Mangene, Mathers, etc.

Lauridsen - Alt
Manning - Eddy
Bourdon* - Konan
Lamarche, Hostetter, etc.

Danis
Heeter
Chubak

Nice!

That D still looks pretty pedestrian. Hopefully Manning can bounce back, Lauridsen continues to improve and Lamarche makes a name for himself. The silver lining is that the team's best defensive prospects – Gostisbehere, Morin and Hägg – are improving their talents elsewhere at the moment.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
For the first time in possibly 25 plus years I'm actually happy with our goaltending plan in the offseason. It is a weird feeling and I don't quite know how to react.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
Said in Emery's thread that we should be able to attract a good third goaltender. I've liked Yann Danis for a while. Great year with Oklahoma City

You called it. When I read I though, "I hope hes right" , and sure enough you were. Danis is a very good 3rd stringer IMHO.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
Danis filled in pretty well IIRC when he had a shot with the Isles a few years ago. Glad to have him on the Phantoms.

That was 5 years ago. This year he didn't fare all that well in Edmonton in his 3 apperances.

I know most won't want to hear this, but quite honestly he's not much of an upgrade over Leighton (wouldn't shock me if he ended up on a one way deal in Hershey). Both are very good AHL goalies (both winning AHL goalie of the year), but neither have any business being in the NHL.

Codith

Aug 31, 2010
Homer has done a real good job this off season, props for filling a lot of our needs, and focusing on certain aspects we lacked.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
That was 5 years ago. This year he didn't fare all that well in Edmonton in his 3 apperances.

I know most won't want to hear this, but quite honestly he's not much of an upgrade over Leighton (wouldn't shock me if he ended up on a one way deal in Hershey). Both are very good AHL goalies (both winning AHL goalie of the year), but neither have any business being in the NHL.

Oh wow, time flies!

There is one major difference here though, I wouldn't have cared if Homer signed Leighton to be an AHL starter and emergency call-up. He signed Leighton to be a starter. If he signed MFL in the same fashion as he signed Danis, there would have been 0 backlash from any of us.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
Oh wow, time flies!

There is one major difference here though, I wouldn't have cared if Homer signed Leighton to be an AHL starter and emergency call-up. He signed Leighton to be a starter. If he signed MFL in the same fashion as he signed Danis, there would have been 0 backlash from any of us.

Agree with you 100%, but even if Leighton was brought back this season as the AHL starter I think most would be pretty darn upset that he was back in the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad