Trade: [CIN/NYY/SEA] Gray and Sanmartin to CIN, Stowers to NYY, Long to SEA, (Gray signs 3 year, $30.5 m)

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
One year left, at $7.5M. Only 29 years old and would do a much better job playing home games in a better pitchers park.

I don't know if you don't do your research enough or you just like to troll. Either way, you and your hot takes suck.

As does your Rams bandwagoning.

I wouldn't want to pay him almost $8 million. Can use $8 million for value.

HOW DARE YOU NOT GROUP THINK.......people on this board hate differing opinions, millenials....

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Padres seem to make the most amount of sense. I wonder if the tandem with an RP, or maybe even somebody like Wade, might lead to a deal where the Padres use some of their depth, then see what happens during the year and worst case, try and get some more value at the deadline.

What I can't imagine is how the discussions have been going. The idea that the Yankees wanted Trammel is laughable, even if they paid almost the entire contract. It seems very much like Cashman is backed into a corner, and although there's probably some competition for him on what amounts to basically a one year contract, I can't imagine any significant piece getting sent to NY. Most likely scenario seems to be something slightly more complicated, or a very peculiar type of prospect being used (former injury maybe, or major flaw, higher upside lottery ticket).

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Gray has sucked since coming to NY but he has one year on his contract at 7.5 million. Hardly a lot of money for someone trying to buy low and see if he can rebound or they try to fix him.

His road numbers are good. Can't pitch at Yankees Stadium.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
As does your Rams bandwagoning.

I wouldn't want to pay him almost $8 million. Can use $8 million for value.

HOW DARE YOU NOT GROUP THINK.......people on this board hate differing opinions, millenials....

3.17 ERA on the road last season. Close to 7 at YS. Gray is a very good pitcher and would be a very good get for Padres. Absolute bargain for 8 mill.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003

Reds still closing in. The package of Long + Stephenson + a pick seems like a big overpayment, but I'm reading it as one of Long or Stephenson, another prospect, and a pick, which doesn't seem quite as steep. From what I can tell Reds fans would rather just use those guys as secondary pieces for Kluber, which makes a lot of sense to me. The plan here seems to be to avoid giving up the top part of their list, and convince Gray to resign if things go well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->