NHL Entry Draft: Yandle Bars 7 Round Mock Draft Game

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
I think we can do 6-8 more of these drafts before the real thing in June if we can build a solid core of GMs. And I think we're off to a great start.

Some ideas:

1) Use the actual NHL standings at the beginning of each new mock. My thinking is that if we run much closer to where teams will actually draft in June, and we each take a different team at every draft, we'll get great scorecards on how each of us did compared to the actual draft results. Maybe crown a champ?

2) Trades. I'd suggest when a deal is made each GM PM the deal to me, rey and water, and then go ahead and post the deal in the thread. It keeps things moving. If rey, water and I all have a problem with a deal we'll figure out a punishment. :naughty: Maybe make you trade away a young, promising, 19-year-old former 2nd rounder for a 2013 7th. :D

3) Draft lists. If you're unsure you'll be around for your next pick send a list to me, rey and water. One of us is always around so your lists ensure you'll get your guy in the order you listed him. Lists can be as short or long as you wish. If you run out of guys on your list you'll get BPA. Or you can post in the thread that you WILL be here in time to make your next pick and we'll shred your list.

Thoughts? More ideas?

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Sure, sounds good. Although I think it might be easier to just do drafting, without the trading. This original one will be fun to bump later because of all the major trades made as well as drafting, but if it happens another 6-8 times, it dilutes some of the fun made by seeing who "won" the trades, I think.

And while I'd also prefer drafting solely for my team, I wouldn't mind changing it up a bit either.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Sure, sounds good. Although I think it might be easier to just do drafting, without the trading. This original one will be fun to bump later because of all the major trades made as well as drafting, but if it happens another 6-8 times, it dilutes some of the fun made by seeing who "won" the trades, I think.

And while I'd also prefer drafting solely for my team, I wouldn't mind changing it up a bit either.

I think this would fun to try. It certainly would cause some GM's to really think about who they're taking since they wouldn't be able to move up/down.. The draft wouldn't take as long as this one did.

Another idea, if we DO decide to keep trading in.. perhaps we could implement the salary cap? It would keep things realistic, and could offer a challenge of some sort to make a PROPER trade. For players on expiring contracts, we could just act as if they still had another year left.. that way we wouldn't have to figure out a new contract price.

Lastly, how about we cannot use the same team we had in this draft? It'll keep things fresh, and give various p.o.v's due to teams needs and history.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
i'm in if you guys do another. i agree about maybe NOT doing trades to speed things up, i agree about doing different teams than what we've had on this draft. i also think guys who participate in another draft are guys who would be around more often than some who haven't been or guys who ditch after the 3rd round or whenever. my 2 cents.

HubOfHockey1918

May 14, 2011
:bruins select Conor McGlyn F Sioux City (USHL)

2013 :bruins Draft Class

1-21 Kerby Rychel F Windsor (OHL)
2-51 Chris Bigras D Owen Sound (OHL)
2-57 (NSH) Jimmy Lodge F Saginaw (OHL)
3-81 Luke Ripley D Powell River (BCHL)
4-111 Daniel Lafontaine F Avon Old Farms (High-CT)
5-141 Brendan Harms F Fargo (USHL)
6-171 Scott Savage D US National Development Program
7-201 Carl Dahlstrom D Linkoping JR (Sweden JR)
7-206 (NSH) Conor McGlyn F Sioux City (USHL)

Ill have a post draft write up by Monday.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Carolina....

#23 F Andre Burakovsky
#35 F Jacob De La Rose
#38 D Ian McCoshen
#55 F Hudson Fashing
#128 G Cal Peterson
#158 F Kurt Etchegary
#188 G Janne Juvonen
#200 F Tobias Liljendahl
#207 D Eliot Antonietti

stayinalive

Jul 29, 2012
With the 208th Overall Pick the :pens are proud to select

...from the Victoria Grizzlies of the British Columbia Hockey League Nolan de Jong

yfdtzqyy.jpg

:pens Picks:

1 Artturi Lehkonen, 25th Overall
2 Spencer Martin, 47th Overall
5 Connor Rankin, 148th Overall
6 Dominik Kahun, 178th Overall
7 Nolan de Jong, 208th Overall

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
@ControlPuck....i thought people were kinda overlooking Switzerland, so i figured i'd better get the best available D-man from that country while the gettin' was good ;)

stayinalive

Jul 29, 2012
With the 209th Overall Pick the :avs are proud to select

.. from Muskegon Lumberjacks of the United States Hockey League Frederik Tiffels

d2b8n7k5.jpg

:avs Picks:

1 Sean Monahan, 5th Overall
3 Tommy Vannelli, 89th Overall
4 Victor Crus Rydberg, 99th Overall
4 Philippe Desrosiers, 119th Overall
5 Tyler Motte, 125th Overall
6 Trevor Moore, 155th Overall
7 Maxime Gravel, 185th Overall
7 Zach Glienke, 189th Overall
7 Frederik Tiffels, 209th Overall

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
I'd like to thank each and every GM who stuck around to the very end. You guys are the reason I am able to make this pick, and I am so proud to do so. To RR and Water Knight, we did it.. we took what was once a run down draft clinging to the edge of life, made it our own and look at it now!!

Now, with the FINAL PICK of the 2013 NHL Draft, the Philadelphia Flyers are proud to select from the Oshawa Generals in the OHL.... Tyler Brown!!!

And this concludes the draft!

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
let's grade each other. Wich team did the best and wich did the worst !! And yes we can't forget the team in the middle.

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012
let's grade each other. Wich team did the best and wich did the worst !! And yes we can't forget the team in the middle.

Why not.

Worst (although I think everybody did a great job): :hawks
Middle: :avs
Best at addressing organizational needs: :leafs
Best rebuild :edmonton
Best draft overall: :habs

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
I'll do this again if I don't have to be commissioner.

I think we can do 6-8 more of these drafts before the real thing in June if we can build a solid core of GMs. And I think we're off to a great start.

Some ideas:

1) Use the actual NHL standings at the beginning of each new mock. My thinking is that if we run much closer to where teams will actually draft in June, and we each take a different team at every draft, we'll get great scorecards on how each of us did compared to the actual draft results. Maybe crown a champ?

2) Trades. I'd suggest when a deal is made each GM PM the deal to me, rey and water, and then go ahead and post the deal in the thread. It keeps things moving. If rey, water and I all have a problem with a deal we'll figure out a punishment. :naughty: Maybe make you trade away a young, promising, 19-year-old former 2nd rounder for a 2013 7th. :D

3) Draft lists. If you're unsure you'll be around for your next pick send a list to me, rey and water. One of us is always around so your lists ensure you'll get your guy in the order you listed him. Lists can be as short or long as you wish. If you run out of guys on your list you'll get BPA. Or you can post in the thread that you WILL be here in time to make your next pick and we'll shred your list.

Thoughts? More ideas?

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Best Overall Draft: Montreal Canadiens
Middle: Calgary Flames
Worst: Philadelphia Flyers (Hard to have a good draft when you don't pick until #150)
Best Rebuild: Montreal Canadians
Best Addressing Needs: Toronto Maple Leafs (I voted for myself, what of it..)

HubOfHockey1918

May 14, 2011
The next draft should have the available players from the start with there central scouting ranking if possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad