Yan Stastny vs. Paul Stastny

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
NO, my worst fear has come to pass.

As the webmaster and owner of peterstastny.com, I have rued the day when I would have to choose a Statsny over another in any competition or comparison.

Paul. He's just a top-flight offensive talent. While Yan is going to have to work his tail off to keep in this league and will always be underrated, Paul's offense is noticable from his first shift to his last. He's a stellar playmaker and skater like his dad.

Sputnik

Nov 12, 2003
Europe
Visit site
I´ve never seen paul play so far, but can tell you quite a lot about yan´s development. he came to the german DEL at the beginning of the 03/04 season, just when he had finished college. he was 19/20 at that time, so he was the youngest import player in the league, but still he finished off his first pro season with 9+20 in 44 games - in which he often was used as an extra attacker or even defender! so he really showed a lot of promising talent in a league, where at that time not so bad players like denis pederson, micki dupont, pat lebeau, dwayne norris, mark greig, cameron mann, dave mcllwain, alex selivanov or rene corbet played.

in his second season with nurnberg - the lockout one...! -, he instantly became the team´s leading scorer (24+30 in 51 games) and finished out 4th in league scoring only trailing lebeau, mike york(!) and norris.

it´s no surprise that he made it to the WC roster of team USA afterwards, where he played not a bad role (anybody remembers his shorty after that dipietro-pass?)...

finally, maybe despite to some given lack of talent compared to paul (which, as i said, i´ve never seen play so far) he´ll need some more time to mature, but he definitely can have an impact on NHL level.

just my 2 cents.

Jori

ice berg slim said:
Paul although Yan is pretty good and ist likely neither will have a productive career.
Why do you feel that way? I can't comment on Yan, I haven't seen him play very much, but Paul has all the makings of a second liner in the NHL. I see Paul a lot, and perhaps I'm biased, so I'm just curious as to your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->