Yakupov hits 100 points in the OHL in his rookie season.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Yeah it was off the top of my head and frankly Frk shouldn't belong in that list.

Still think that's a pretty good sample ;)

Another case of stats not telling the entire story. Frk has been pretty much the only reason to go see Halifax Moosehead hockey this season. The team is honestly one of the worst junior teams I have ever had to watch. Bobby Smith has installed an inept system that can't break the puck out, and ices the puck more often than the local peewee squads.

Frk is a pretty dynamic player, dynamite shot, and is very creative with the puck. Sometimes I think he should actually shoot more instead of passing it off, and he there are some issues with his backchecking although the last month of the season he seemed to be coming back a bit harder.

Frk at least deserves to be in the discussion of the top five.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Agree 100%.

How? That statement is just as absurd as the previous statement.

This thread is like a man mugging a women on the street, only to realize on his return home that he'd actually mugged his own wife.

It's perfectly reasonable to think Yakupov could be as good in the NHL one day as Tavares. There is no distinct answer so i have no idea why such Pejorative Slured declarations keep being made.

pouskin74*

HE:laugh:S 17
Most real good players are 15 their first year!!!
do you realize that he came from russia?? looked like you dont get a point on here what that means compared to Canadians? Who were younger than 16 in the end of the first season outside of Tavares?
Hall were 16,5
Stamkos were 17
Seguin were 17
Yakupov is 17,5 + as i sayed before he had to learn new style of hockey and he did it perfectly!

your point is failed big time.

Akonite

Mar 9, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
do you realize that he came from russia?? looked like you dont get a point on here what that means compared to Canadians? Who were younger than 16 in the end of the first season outside of Tavares?
Hall were 16,5
Stamkos were 17
Seguin were 17
Yakupov is 17,5 + as i sayed before he had to learn new style of hockey and he did it perfectly!

your point is failed big time.

He was being sarcastic.

Create a Yakupov VS. thread if you wanna debate that sorta thing. Some of us came here to read about Nail's game, etc :)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Let's talk about it in 3-4 years. But I bet Igor Larionov will make this guy the next dominating-franchise-building-cornerstone-player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->