Yahoo Keep 5 input

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
So I am in a 12 team league, keep 5 H2H which will have the categories G,A,points,+/-, PPP, PIM,Hits and SOG for skaters. Goalies have W, GAA, S% and saves.

I have Crosby, Tavares, OEL and Hall as my for sure 4 keepers, but I am going back and fourth on who to keep for the last guy.

My remaining players are:

Voracek (slow year but high potential in all offensive stats except hits)
Shea Weber (good year but new team and another year older;scores and hits lots)
Fleury (might split time and his concussion history this past year wasn't great)
Landeskog (also below avg this year but young hits and puts up points)
Justin Faulk (again young and great d that covers all the stats but +/-)

I've already cancelled out Palat, Okposo, Backes and Ristolainen.

I figure Landeskog can be had a few rounds later and Faulk will drop a few rounds like usual so i pretty much cancelled them. I like Fleury and intended on keeping him until we added (hits and Points) and the emergence of Murray making goalies a bit less important.

So basically I narrowed it down to Voracek or Weber. I think having a solid group of D are important which is why I was leaning towards Weber at first but having 4 high end forwards at all positions is enticing and Im uncertain on how good Weber will be in Montreal but his hits and goal scoring from the D spot is a huge plus as well as he has potential to put up a decent amount of pims. I pick 9th in the draft so either will be gone by the time I pick Im guessing.

Any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated haha. I need to get my championship back :)

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Faulk is ridiculous as a fantasy defenseman overall and especially in the categories that you have. I would personally take in this order:

Faulk
Landeskog
Voracek
Weber
Fleury

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Hmmm ya I've thought about Faulk but I know he would be available at least by my first pick at 9 and high chance even with my 2nd pick just based off everyone elses keepers and who else would be available. I think either way I cant choose wrong other than fleury I think. Thanks for your input! any one else ?

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
So I am in a 12 team league, keep 5 H2H which will have the categories G,A,points,+/-, PPP, PIM,Hits and SOG for skaters. Goalies have W, GAA, S% and saves.

I have Crosby, Tavares, OEL and Hall as my for sure 4 keepers, but I am going back and fourth on who to keep for the last guy.

My remaining players are:

Voracek (slow year but high potential in all offensive stats except hits)
Shea Weber (good year but new team and another year older;scores and hits lots)
Fleury (might split time and his concussion history this past year wasn't great)
Landeskog (also below avg this year but young hits and puts up points)
Justin Faulk (again young and great d that covers all the stats but +/-)

I've already cancelled out Palat, Okposo, Backes and Ristolainen.

I figure Landeskog can be had a few rounds later and Faulk will drop a few rounds like usual so i pretty much cancelled them. I like Fleury and intended on keeping him until we added (hits and Points) and the emergence of Murray making goalies a bit less important.

So basically I narrowed it down to Voracek or Weber. I think having a solid group of D are important which is why I was leaning towards Weber at first but having 4 high end forwards at all positions is enticing and Im uncertain on how good Weber will be in Montreal but his hits and goal scoring from the D spot is a huge plus as well as he has potential to put up a decent amount of pims. I pick 9th in the draft so either will be gone by the time I pick Im guessing.

Any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated haha. I need to get my championship back :)
I am not opposed to you staying away from the uncertainty of the Pens goalie situation. In the 1st round of the draft, where do you pick? Almost 100% a goalie pick and you want a workhorse.

Dare I ask why you have cancelled Ristolainen already? his +/- leaves something to be desired, but that team is on the upswing and.....Well, he had 9 goals, 41 points, 200+ shots, 140 hits, 21 PPP.......and he is 21 years old playing 25 minutes a game. Adding Okposo, Eichel looking to improve on his 56 point rookie year, Reinhart looking to improve on his rookie year.

I understand why Risto on paper looks like a quick cancel, but I think you might hate yourself for it down the line. Redraft him if you can. look at his point swings. Rookie year 4 points. The next year, 20 points. Last year 41 points. him hitting 56 is not out of the question with a young corps of improving forwards and a monopoly on the PP time.

On to your categories. 33.3% goalies, 66.6% skaters. Just make sure you draft 2 goalies quick as 2 players will make up 33% of your categories.

Adding points throws a monkeywrench into Dmen. Unless it is Karlsson/Burns/Klingberg, most of the best Dmen will be below your bottom rung forwards in terms of scoring.

Adding points means 4 of 8 skater categories are scoring, but also means you must get them around the early/mid rounds of the draft. For perspective, a bottom fantasy roster forward like Palmieri, Soderberg or Nielsen(In a 12 team league) put up more points than most defensemen.

50 point free agents in 12 team fantasy end up being a dime a dozen on the waiver wire and usually make up 3-4 spots on your roster if you need to draft 2 goalies quick and neglect forwards.

By the looks of it, your 6th and 7th rounders(1st and 2nd in a keep 5) are both goalies.

What are your positional maximums? Standard C, C, RW, RW, LW, LW, D, D, D, D, G, G?

It makes a big difference. My Keep 5 league is odd. We have C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, UTIL.

Since only 3 spots are Dmen, a lot of teams in my league don't even carry 3 Dmen and use 2, while using their extra spot and 4 weekly moves to stream in extra forwards. And it works.

But if you have 4 D spots and no util spots, it affects their value.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
I am not opposed to you staying away from the uncertainty of the Pens goalie situation. In the 1st round of the draft, where do you pick? Almost 100% a goalie pick and you want a workhorse.

Dare I ask why you have cancelled Ristolainen already? his +/- leaves something to be desired, but that team is on the upswing and.....Well, he had 9 goals, 41 points, 200+ shots, 140 hits, 21 PPP.......and he is 21 years old playing 25 minutes a game. Adding Okposo, Eichel looking to improve on his 56 point rookie year, Reinhart looking to improve on his rookie year.

I understand why Risto on paper looks like a quick cancel, but I think you might hate yourself for it down the line. Redraft him if you can. look at his point swings. Rookie year 4 points. The next year, 20 points. Last year 41 points. him hitting 56 is not out of the question with a young corps of improving forwards and a monopoly on the PP time.

On to your categories. 33.3% goalies, 66.6% skaters. Just make sure you draft 2 goalies quick as 2 players will make up 33% of your categories.

Adding points throws a monkeywrench into Dmen. Unless it is Karlsson/Burns/Klingberg, most of the best Dmen will be below your bottom rung forwards in terms of scoring.

Adding points means 4 of 8 skater categories are scoring, but also means you must get them around the early/mid rounds of the draft. For perspective, a bottom fantasy roster forward like Palmieri, Soderberg or Nielsen(In a 12 team league) put up more points than most defensemen.

50 point free agents in 12 team fantasy end up being a dime a dozen on the waiver wire and usually make up 3-4 spots on your roster if you need to draft 2 goalies quick and neglect forwards.

By the looks of it, your 6th and 7th rounders(1st and 2nd in a keep 5) are both goalies.

What are your positional maximums? Standard C, C, RW, RW, LW, LW, D, D, D, D, G, G?

It makes a big difference. My Keep 5 league is odd. We have C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, UTIL.

Since only 3 spots are Dmen, a lot of teams in my league don't even carry 3 Dmen and use 2, while using their extra spot and 4 weekly moves to stream in extra forwards. And it works.

But if you have 4 D spots and no util spots, it affects their value.

We are upping the roster size from 17 to 20 so will have 6 bench spots in total . (CC RWRW LWLW DDDD UTIL,UTIL GG)

I am picking 9th and its a serpatine draft so I will pick again 16 etc. We have draft pick trades added but I think everyone is wanting to stay away from that as they don't know how the draft will go for the first time. I've thought about doing a swap of picks with a guy who has Bishop and Schneider , I just don't know if he would go for it or if its even worth it.

My strat was to pick a goalie within the first two rounds (Elliott or Dubnyk slight chance of Jones or Mrazek free) as most teams will already have one or two at the start leaving me with decent options to choose from for a round or three. Since we replaced shutouts and added saves I was looking at adding a second goalie a bit later on from a team like my avs who get peppered in shots but still get wins and can post decent numbers (Varly, Talbot, Anderson, Andersen). Then picking up a third goalie like Vasi, Murray or Reimer who are on good teams and will hopefully play a bit more. I just dont want to miss out on high end scorers 60-65+(with whats left) at the start since picking goalies is such a crapshoot at times unless you have the elite few. I usually don't like to carry three goalies but depending on who my second one is I might be forced too. No?

Risto was a great add midway through the year and I do like him, but again he is a relative unknown in my league from most of the other teams (all oiler fans) and I know will be available a couple rounds later (his stats are very similar to Faulks). Unless he is putting up that 56 points and doing it all else it's hard justifying keeping him when I know I could draft him even with my 2nd pick or most likely 3rd (I'll wait and see what his avg draft ranking is) as if hes a bit lower will slip to through the cracks.

Just looking at the other teams and predicting who they will keep, most of them will be going forwards the first round so I will have my choice of a goalie. It's hard to guage who would be good value there though.

With some of my mid round picks I was looking at going with some young guns that started to pick it up at the end or are in a good position to succeed and put up points. Reinhart, Bennett, Drouin, Fabbri etc. I have a list of guys I can get later on for 120+ hits and still put up points so not worried there. My main targets on D will be Faulk, Risto and Muzzin or any d that can shoot and hit (bad +/- with the first two but its such a random stat I don't pay much attention to it)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad