Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Gotta say I'm enjoying this league so far. VERY different scoring system than what I'm used to (Still not sure about points for PIM), but I like the weighting on face-offs hits and blocked shots. Makes a lot of 3rd & 4th line players viable, instead of piling on the top line and power play guys and hoping for the best.

Thanks again for doing this Lonnie.

Glad it's been enjoyable. The whole goal is to have it be as fun as possible and make it as competitive as possible. Nothing worse in a fantasy league when you're out of it by mid season and teams stop playing. That's why I tried to play around with the different avenues for scoring.

As for the PIM, I picked that up like 7 or 8 years ago from a league off of here. I was losing in the finals against Goalie27 (if the old timers here remember him) and Zac Rinaldo went nuts. Threw a cheap shot, got a penalty, a 1o minute misconduct, got into a fight, and got a double minor for roughing and instigating, and them a game misconduct. When it was all said and done, he got like 30 minutes of penalties in the waning moments of a throw away game. I ended up winning the championship because of it. I thought it was funny so I've included PIM in all my leagues since then. :laugh:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Seems like a good strategy, as long as you're not taking their D or G. Though I guess their D will rack up a bunch of secondary assists.

Whoever would have thought that Morgan Reilly would have 10 points in 4 games and be tied for the league lead in points at all this season. Thomas Chabot is 2nd.

Should have taken Maxine Lajoie or Henri Jokiharju who are 4th and 5th in d-men league scoring.
Now there are a couple names that will tumble down the league ranks in the next little while, hahaha.

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
Whoever would have thought that Morgan Reilly would have 10 points in 4 games and be tied for the league lead in points at all this season. Thomas Chabot is 2nd.

Should have taken Maxine Lajoie or Henri Jokiharju who are 4th and 5th in d-men league scoring.
Now there are a couple names that will tumble down the league ranks in the next little while, hahaha.

Heh

Lajoie has 9% ownership in Yahoo leagues, Jokiharju is up to 24% (including me <.<)

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
......As for the PIM, I picked that up like 7 or 8 years ago from a league off of here. I was losing in the finals against Goalie27 (if the old timers here remember him) and Zac Rinaldo went nuts. Threw a cheap shot, got a penalty, a 1o minute misconduct, got into a fight, and got a double minor for roughing and instigating, and them a game misconduct. When it was all said and done, he got like 30 minutes of penalties in the waning moments of a throw away game. I ended up winning the championship because of it. I thought it was funny so I've included PIM in all my leagues since then. :laugh:

LOL. I get it now. I'm sure Goalie27 was thrilled.

That's a great story.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Question how long do matchups last against an opponent?

Typically it's for one week. As the first official week of the NHL season started on a Wednesday, they folded week 1 and 2 together so it would be more representative of a full week instead of a small sample of games.

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
Well guess who feels like a dnozzle...

My apologies for picking up Kuznetsov, i wasn't gonna to argue with him being available, but it should have clicked that something was amiss though.

I'll make sure to check the league message boards more often.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I’m in a nail biter with Agent86...224-223 right now.

Marchessault’s -1.00 for me last night had to have been the strangest thing I’ve seen in a while. Vegas won, 8-3, but Marchessault didn’t factor into any of the scoring, and had a +/- of -3.

Go figure....

Reactions: LSCII

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Holtby dropping a -8.50 tonight might have just saved my bacon....We'll see.

Fully expecting to lose this week.....

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
In the same boat lol

There are a handful of teams all lumped together in the middle (5-3 down to 3-5). Should make for an interesting stretch run to the playoffs. Lots of ground can be made up because very few teams have really separated themselves from the pack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad