ya right

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Thats great. The Isles owners want to spend $200 mil to develop the great lighthouse. Another arena deal in coordination with a big real estate project. Long term signs must all point to growth.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
mr gib said:
- and this is one of the team's screaming bloody murder -

? You mean Wang should be ok with losing money if he has enough to invest wisely in something else? That makes sense. Uh..

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Hotel, apartments, offices, restaurants.. he'd probably make enough to be able to support a money-losing business if he got that thing going. Heck, maybe even a hockey team. :joker:

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
ceber said:
Hotel, apartments, offices, restaurants.. he'd probably make enough to be able to support a money-losing business if he got that thing going. Heck, maybe even a hockey team. :joker:

'Course, he could scrap the team, and make even more money. If I were him, that's what I'd do. Why should I subsidize the sport?

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
ceber said:
'Course, he could scrap the team, and make even more money. If I were him, that's what I'd do. Why should I subsidize the sport?

Because sport can be an inspriation. And before you ask, I'm not living in a dream world.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
quat said:
? You mean Wang should be ok with losing money if he has enough to invest wisely in something else? That makes sense. Uh..
why would he be plowing money into the arena if there was no future? - just a question - with many answer's of course

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Wisent said:
Because sport can be an inspriation. And before you ask, I'm not living in a dream world.
Ok, let's subsidize the sport. (insert tongue in cheek) Let's see.. probably should start with government, because when it comes to subsidizing, nobody's better. Ok, well, government already does, with the big tax breaks and low or no interest loans to the teams. Then there's the fans. We're essentially the ones holding the bag for the government subsidies. Also, we do pay quite a bit for tickets, and when bad beer costs 5-6 bucks that's _got_ to be a subsidy of some sort. :) Then there's the owners. Well, if you believe them their already subsidizing things significantly. Who's left? Oh yes, the players. :D

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
ceber said:
Ok, let's subsidize the sport. (insert tongue in cheek) Let's see.. probably should start with government, because when it comes to subsidizing, nobody's better. Ok, well, government already does, with the big tax breaks and low or no interest loans to the teams. Then there's the fans. We're essentially the ones holding the bag for the government subsidies. Also, we do pay quite a bit for tickets, and when bad beer costs 5-6 bucks that's _got_ to be a subsidy of some sort. :) Then there's the owners. Well, if you believe them their already subsidizing things significantly. Who's left? Oh yes, the players. :D

I don't really know if the owners subsidize the sport significantly. But as long as owners can afford to, they should subsidize the sport. Surely they are not all on the verge of bankruptcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->