XXX vs Easton SL

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Which do you prefer and which is more durable?

Depends on whether you're referring to the XXX or the XXX Lite. I had a ton of XXX's and also some of the first XXX-Lites and their durability was pretty poor but the NikeBauer XXX-Lites have much better durability, and the feel and performance on that stick is as good as any IMO. I love the XXX as well but it's durability was fairly poor, I broke 2 in 2 weeks.

I've had a couple SL's as well, they're ok. Nice performance, fairly light, but durability is definitely not all that great by any means. I'd take the XXX-Lite's durability before an SL, and I'd take the SL over a XXX regular (the navy and red old stick) in terms of durability. I'm a big fan of Bauer, but aside from Bauer, Easton is the only other company I'll use for sticks, you really can't go wrong with an SL or a XXX, I'd take the XXX though.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Sorry yes the Lite was the stick I was referring to. Is the Lindros pattern the closest one to RBKs datsyuk?

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Sorry yes the Lite was the stick I was referring to. Is the Lindros pattern the closest one to RBKs datsyuk?

I would think so. The Lindros might be slightly deeper. I've never used Datsyuk's curve but the Lindros curve is pretty much the main reason I love the bauer sticks.

Defintely 100% go with the XXX lite over the SL. There's no comparison IMO.

JumboJoe19

Hank027
Aug 4, 2007
Toronto
ya ive used both stick, the XXX lite is probly the best stick ive ever had. I didnt find it be very durable though, right now im using an st synergy.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
The thing is I hardly ever take slapshots, fewer then 1 per game and rarely in practice, I just like corking off wristers and snap shots and I had heard that the SL is fast to wear down, and also that the XXX lite has a better release. Thanks for the opinions though guys I really appreciate it.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
The thing is I hardly ever take slapshots, fewer then 1 per game and rarely in practice, I just like corking off wristers and snap shots and I had heard that the SL is fast to wear down, and also that the XXX lite has a better release. Thanks for the opinions though guys I really appreciate it.

I'm the same, rarely ever slappers. XXX lite has a great release and the SL does wear down very quickly.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
I'm the same, rarely ever slappers. XXX lite has a great release and the SL does wear down very quickly.

I'm looking for a stick that will last me from september to christmas before it starts to wear down, but I've never really experienced a stick wearing down, I love my 7k and it hasn't worn down since christmas but some idiot tried to knee me and bent the shaft so its all fed up now....

Plus the XXX lite is only like 150 retail where I live, so I should be able to find a Lindros, just curious what flex do you use?

XweekendwarriorX

Jul 19, 2007
Buffalo,NY
I do take alot of slap shots and the stiffer the better but i have read articles from players such as Joe Sakic, Chris Drury, Brett Hull they all have said they think a lower flex or allows them to get a harder shot off and i think Sakic likes to use something like a 75..

HABSMANIA21*

the XXX lite nikebauer is the best stick out there right now IMO. i suggest the XXX lite

really??? sl is better im ousing one at the moment it is great.

heres the best sticks imo

1-stealth cnt
2-synergy se
3-synergy sl
4-probely vapor XXX lite
5-synergy st

as you can see i love easton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad