GDT: XXVI: Avs/Leafs, Part Two -- Tyson Barrie, Small Wonder

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

giphy.gif

Tyson Barrie and teammate Jake Muzzin playing around in practice. Those rascals!

anigif_enhanced-10005-1418774028-11.gif

Sam Girard tries to help up teammate Cale Makar during a drill.

Time: No one knows because Air Canada lost your luggage and your watch was in your suitcase
Place: A random tree in the GTA

LINEUPS

The Colorado Avalanche

Donskoi - MacKinnon - Rantanen

Calvert :vhappy: - Kadri - Compher

Nichushkin - Bellemare - O'Compher

Jost - Kamenev - Compher Again

Makar - Zadorov

Girard - Rosen

Cole - Graves

Grubauer

The Toronto Maple Keefes

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander

Soup Lover - Tavares - Spezza

Hyman - Not Everyone's Favorite Former Av - Kapanen

Engvall - Gauthier - Timashov

Rielly - HeeHee

Muzzin - Holl

Dermott - Barrie

Starsky

Keefes to the Game
1. Don't suck in the first period
2. Buy Hutchinson a beer after the game
3. Don't turn your back on Alexander Kerfoot

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

giphy.gif

Tyson Barrie and teammate Jake Muzzin playing around in practice. Those rascals!

anigif_enhanced-10005-1418774028-11.gif

Sam Girard tries to help up teammate Cale Makar during a drill.

Time: No one knows because Air Canada lost your luggage and your watch was in your suitcase
Place: A random tree in the GTA

LINEUPS

The Colorado Avalanche

Donskoi - MacKinnon - Rantanen

Calvert :vhappy: - Kadri - Compher

Nichushkin - Bellemare - O'Compher

Jost - Kamenev - Compher Again

Makar - Zadorov

Girard - Rosen

Cole - Graves

Grubauer

The Toronto Maple Keefes

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander

Soup Lover - Tavares - Spezza

Hyman - Not Everyone's Favorite Former Av - Kapanen

Engvall - Gauthier - Timashov

Rielly - HeeHee

Muzzin - Holl

Dermott - Barrie

Starsky

Keefes to the Game
1. Don't suck in the first period
2. Buy Hutchinson a beer after the game
3. Don't turn your back on Alexander Kerfoot

Michael Jackson plays defense for the Leafs?

Reactions: Koolboss

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
They need to shred salary if so. I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to get rid of Kerfoot. Dude slowed down a lot after a pretty decent start.

But he's an enforcer now so who knows ...
Best third liner in the league. Basically same value as Kadri.

Reactions: Avs71

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Toronto is definitely starting to sour on Kerfoot which is to be expected. He is going to be everything Desharnais was in Montreal in a market like Toronto. He’s just not the kind of guy you want as a third line Center but if he’s in your top 6 you probably are a pretty bad team. Leaf fans are soon going to really dislike that contract I think.

Reactions: Koolboss

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Excited for this one. The leafs honeymoon period with the new coach is over, and they laid an absolute egg last night against Philly. Completely gave up on Andersen, after he gave them a chance to win for 45 minutes.

Hugchinson is terrible, and this one could be a big problem for Toronto if they don’t show up.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Don't get to watch many Avs games in-person (only my 2nd one) so here's hoping it'll be a good one. My first one was 2017 after the trade deadline during the 48-point season. Lacklustre effort, Picks let in a softie, but Compher had a nice NHL debut. Wouldn't mind this game erasing that one from my memory rather than it piling on. And yes I'm wearing my Patty Roy jersey.

Last edited:

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
This one will probably be pretty emotional for Kadri. Wonder how the crowd reacts, and if he gets a tribute.

giphy.gif

He will get an ovation and absolutely have a tribute. Would be absurd not to.

I don't love playing teams coming off garbage performances but even with that factored in, they get to face Hutch who hasn't let in less than 4 goals in a start this season. If the Avs blow this it'll be on them.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
They need to shred salary if so. I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to get rid of Kerfoot. Dude slowed down a lot after a pretty decent start.

But he's an enforcer now so who knows ...

I am curious how they do this. Did they put Shore on waivers? Perhaps this solves the problem? It seems like it would take more than that move and it is not as if the NHL has a soft cap that only requires discretionary compliance with the payment of penalties.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I think the Avs win this one. I’ll say 4-3 Colorado.

My only worry is the return of Marner. We’ll see how much that boosts the Leafs.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Eh, Kerf shouldn't be their 3C. I've always said he's best at LW when he can work off that half-wall and make plays.

I'll admit he may not be a great fit there. They might have a couple too many players like him.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
The Leafs got embarrassed last night. They are not happy they will be coming out hard. And Hutchinson is due to steal one game. People here are expecting him to be trash again so here comes a Hutchinson shutout.
It doesn’t matter if they are “mad” or “embarrassed” they are about to take a beat down from a superior team. So many fans have such little faith in this team and I don’t know why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->