GDT: XVI | "Either Way We're Streaking" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 11.8.18 | 5:00 PM | SN-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I just have no trust in Talbot anymore .

Prove me wrong, Cam. Prove me wrong ...

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Don’t have to score every single one if you can generate 10 in a game. Put it this way, I’d rather see the team generate 10 of those chances and score on none, then only generate 3 and score on all 3.
Huh?:huh:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That seems bad, I would take the free goals.

Only one shows a team that’s actually good though. Goalies will make their saves, bad puck luck will happen. My point is, chance generation should be the focus and the positives not whether good/bad puck luck happens. If a goalie makes miraculous save on us, the fact that it had to be miraculous is a positive for the Oilers, it means we created something very very dangerous,

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Only one shows a team that’s actually good though. Goalies will make their saves, bad puck luck will happen. My point is, chance generation should be the focus and the positives not whether good/bad puck luck happens. If a goalie makes miraculous save on us, the fact that it had to be miraculous is a positive for the Oilers, it means we created something very very dangerous,

Well yes... but if you can't score (which is what I said) that's bad. If Rattie had better finishing skills on those two huge chances they would have been goals regardless. The first he shot it in the center of the net and this last one was similar. That's just poor play.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Well yes... but if you can't score (which is what I said) that's bad. If Rattie had better finishing skills on those two huge chances they would have been goals regardless. The first he shot it in the center of the net and this last one was similar. That's just poor play.

Disagree. Those chances will go in eventually with his shot. The fact that he was in the right spots to get those 2 super high dangerous chances is a positive for me. It shows that the reason he was so good with McDavid last year, his ability to be in the right place, is still there.

Reactions: Oilhawks

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Why are you so hung up on legality? Just get a VPN.
My cousin is a pirate hunter, he'll kick my **** if I go illegal.

Thanks for the streaming advice from so many of you. Cannot get anything wotking though, all is blacked out. So nighty nighty ftom me.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
I can't be the only one who has been extremely disappointed in Nurse, right?

A fair number of people had limited expectations, recognizing that thinking the game better, both anticipating defensively and being able to see and make the good passes, was not going to suddenly materialize for him.

He's exactly what should have been expected. Never buy the hype on Oilers prospects on here, or be disappointed year after year.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Disagree. Those chances will go in eventually with his shot. The fact that he was in the right spots to get those 2 super high dangerous chances is a positive for me. It shows that the reason he was so good with McDavid last year, his ability to be in the right place, is still there.

My point is that the Oilers need to start converting their opportunities. What's the use of 10 chances a game where they don't convert? Of course having 10 opportunities is more beneficial but if they blast it into the goalie's crest then who cares....

Reactions: Oilers in NS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad