Speculation: XLIV - Nylander's Wednesday or Thursday Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Yup.

If there are say 10 100 point guys this year and there were 10 80 point guys 5 years ago then teams will try lessening the importance of that 100 point by saying it's no different then when the leading scorer had 80 in that the leading scorer is the leading scorer and no different then adjusting for cap hit % teams will also start using leading scorer is a leading scorer logic regardless of the total.

And it makes sense in that if next season suddenly become like the mid 80's and 30 guys scored over 100 points the cap doesn't change because of that so the cap % needs to be adjusted for both financial inflation and scoring total inflation.
It only makes sense...unless you have a team similar to the leafs last regime.....

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Is nobody waiver exempt? Can't send down a Johnsson or Dermott? Waiving Holl seems like the most logical way around that.

Think the waiver eligible players are all lineup fixtures. I agree with you about waivers, but think Marincin could be the one for that over Holl due to the one year vs two year contract respectively.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Think the waiver eligible players are all lineup fixtures. I agree with you about waivers, but think Marincin could be the one for that over Holl due to the one year vs two year contract respectively.
Good point. It's easy to forget that Marincin is even still in the mix.

Reactions: Buds17

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
first of all there are not "FACTS" available except the only "FACT" Nylander is not under contract

everything else on all the Nylander threads is opinions, guesswork and conjecture surrounded by fanboy optimisim and nylander haters pessimism.

you claim that my hypothetical scenarios are "more then likely not anywhere close to what could have happened"; alright; do you have "facts" supporting that argument?

WHy would nylander or marner sign last year? where did I say last year? i talked about summer this season. not sure where you are bringing that from.....

I am posting hypothetical scenarios is because thats the only thing one can do in absence of the so called "FACTS"; if you want to just talk "facts" and not hypothetical then perhaps a good idea for you would be to wait for the "facts" to emerge before engaging in hockey talk.

You literally said "last summer" in your post about them signing, if you meant this summer that's fine, I didn't interpret it that way. Doesn't matter though, the point still stands that they didn't sign.

This whole chat back an forth with you and multiple posters was to make the point that there is nothing defined yet. You state that Dubas should have signed them earlier without anything proving that he didn't try to sign them.

You are taking 1 side of the negotiation and making claims about Dubas that aren't backed by anything.

Reactions: kb

MorrisSmit89

Mar 20, 2014
Lol true. For Babs, the urgency is high. For some of us already waiting over 50 years, we don’t want to waste any assets on a stupid trade or set ourselves up for a cap meltdown next year. Different perspective, not necessarily that Babs is so much more knowledgeable than us.

Babs is 100% more knowledgeable about hockey than 99.9% of the posters on this board.. i mean come on

Reactions: Cobra777

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Babs is just putting pressure on Dubas. "Either sign or him or get something for him. Get er done boys!".

Or, and I know this might sound crazy, but maybe, just maybe, the coach and GM of the organization are on the same page and aren't trying to throw shade at the other through the media.

I know it sounds crazy, but just think about it.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Babs is just putting pressure on Dubas. "Either sign or him or get something for him. Get er done boys!".

Babcock wants to win the Cup so he doesn't want Dubois to sit Nylander out for the year over $200-$300k.

Call Babcock greedy or smart if you like but he wants what is best for himself and the Leafs.

Hard to blame the coach for wanting a top 6 winger in his line-up and not basking in Sun on vacation.

Babcock and Nylander both want the same thing to be playing for the Leafs and are putting internal and external pressure on Leafs GM to get something done to make it happen.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Doesn't really sound like they're on different pages so what would Babs be pressuring Dubas on?

Every time Babcock goes into the media it's applying pressure, to everybody

He's the coach, keep quiet and don't make the media circus worse

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016

But he's saying he and Kyle talk about the Willy situation and that they (i.e. "we") believe Willy will be a career Leaf.

I'm confused as to how that's applying pressure unless he's flat out lying about his dialogue with Kyle.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
You literally said "last summer" in your post about them signing, if you meant this summer that's fine, I didn't interpret it that way. Doesn't matter though, the point still stands that they didn't sign.

This whole chat back an forth with you and multiple posters was to make the point that there is nothing defined yet. You state that Dubas should have signed them earlier without anything proving that he didn't try to sign them.

You are taking 1 side of the negotiation and making claims about Dubas that aren't backed by anything.

There are facts lol but the media doesn't know..Babcock said he and Dubas talk every day and he's up to date

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

Yes, Babcock should keep his mouth shut and concentrate on his match ups for his teams next game.

I feel part of Nylander's problem is Babcock. I could be totally and utterly wrong, but, I really don't think Nylander appreciated being sent to the fourth line ahead of some of Babcock's favourites.

JMHO.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Babs is just like the rest of us. He can't fathom the thought of Nylander holding out for the entire season over becoming stupid rich or slightly more stupid rich.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011

Doesn't really sound like they're on different pages so what would Babs be pressuring Dubas on?

What lol watch the video..he also says don't confuse fact with opinion, they talk every day and hes up to date. Then says the long time and career right after

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
but the team hates him and there is some bad blood and the relationship is damaged and he is cancer and disrupting the locker room and he is not good enough and doesn't help the team to win and he doesn't compete and the coach hates him and babcock doesn't know anything about anything because he and kyle avoid each other

live look into all your parlors (and friedman's)

tenor.gif

babcock telling the media to **** off- i'm loving it. it's also a direct shot at 95 percent of you.

I can't stop laughing at that gif! Thanks, I needed that after a long day at the office.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Babs is just like the rest of us. He can't fathom the thought of Nylander holding out for the entire season over becoming stupid rich or slightly more stupid rich.

Um no. He is privileged to info only Dubas and Shanny know. And says he is up to date and knows lol

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Compared to my financial situation, Nylander is ALREADY STUPID RICH.

Reactions: Duckrider

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
But he's saying he and Kyle talk about the Willy situation and that they (i.e. "we") believe Willy will be a career Leaf.

I'm confused as to how that's applying pressure unless he's flat out lying about his dialogue with Kyle.
Exactly. To me, Babcock is directly addressing the media hounds like Friedman who yesterday switched the goal posts from Nylander getting traded/not signing to 'Even if Nylander signs he's gone after this year" nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad