XIII remake (released originally in 2003)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
XIII: A remake of the thrilling cel-shading FPS is in the works!

The PlayMagic team is very excited for the opportunity to remake a true classic; modernizing the graphics, sound and animations while remaining faithful to the original XIII’s incredible look and feel. XIII’s gameplay mechanics are being reworked in an effort to modernize the experience in a way that encompasses the original spirit of the game. We are sure that the fans of the original game will love rediscovering one of their all time favorites while new players discover a truly iconic masterpiece in a new light.”

I had the original on PS2 and later PC, unique game.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I remember playing the demo and really enjoyed it. This is very out of the blue but the game seems like it would hold up today.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The graphics look much improved. I'm a big fan of cel shaded graphics, but xiii jjust doesn't hold up graphically as well as other cel shaded games.

Edit: oh, it's delayed, lol

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

So yeah, this is out now and doesn't look that great. Lots of screen tearing and glitches.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I still own the original on OG Xbox. So I could always pull that out and play it again instead of this hot mess.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I heard about that, no idea why they would go through the effort after such a miserable failure.

I actually got the original because it was so cheap when the remake came out and was thoroughly disappointed. The art style was the only cool thing about it IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->