Laval Rocket: Xhekaj pro debut! Laval Rocket at Cleveland Monsters 7:00 pm April 13th

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Is the tie breaker regulation wins? If so, Laval basically in the playoffs already…nice coincidence that those last 2 games are against B sens

Not really.

Quoting myself from the Laval thread:
Laval makes it if they win their 2 games and Utica lose a point in their last 3 games (which are 3 games in 3 days the last weekend). If Belleville win their game in hand Wednesday, Laval would need to win both games in regulation. If Belleville gets only 1 point Wednesday, Laval needs 1 regulation win and 1 win of any kind. Of course, if Belleville loses on Wednesday, any kind of win can do.

Belleville makes it if they win a game against Laval and don't lose their lead on Utica (whatever combination of them winning and Utica losing).

Utica makes it if they win their 3 games and Belleville gets 3 points or less in their last 3 games (Utica would go ahead if they get the RW tiebreaker which they should if Utica wins 3).

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
For those who watched, how did Flo do?
For his first professional game , FX held his own. As some have noted, he has to get stronger. While displaying a level of aggressiveness that is a refreshing welcome in our prospect pool, he currently lacks the strength and on ice presence to make his aggression effective. FX on a number of times largely bounced off opposing players he was trying to check. The gap between the OHL and the AHL is significant. The players are older, stronger and faster.

His skating is currently at mid-level for the AHL. FX sees the ice well and anticipates the play in all three zones of the rink. I thought he was as impressive as the Monsters' Del Bel Belluz.

That being said, unless he gains the necessary quickness and tempo to his skating/play, FX will remain a fringe NHL prospect. Gain that element of quickness and FX will join his brother as a mainstay of the re-building Canadiens.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
the vid I posted is mostly him and Reinbacher.

He was good, can't say I would have put him with McKay and Bourque but Houle's lines haven't been working for some time now as the offense struggles and the PP looks ugly often.

I think it was the perfect situation for his first game, he and that line did pretty well.

Now that this 1st game is in the bag we will see him even more involve in his next games playing his role disturbing the opposition and creating chaos in front of the net

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Cube was saying that when they drafted Florian, they thought he would only be a physcial guy but he displayed many other elements to his game. Similar to what happened to his brother basically. And as I understand Florian wasn't draft before in his career as well.

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015

The guy doe'nt look happy at all does he? Lol

I think it was the perfect situation for his first game, he and that line did pretty well.

Now that this 1st game is in the bag we will see him even more involve in his next games playing his role disturbing the opposition and creating chaos in front of the net
I like that they played him with Bourque. Kinda like playing Arber with Savard. Good reliable veteran able to cool down and help the hot kid... i like how management suround the kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad