XFL Vegas Vipers likely relocating

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Cashman Field was a terrible place for a pro football team.

Understand Tempe, AZ and Nashville are the leading places

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Lights FC seems to do well at Cashman. (But could use an upgrade)
Soccer doesn't require as many resources as American football to set up (besides those stupid LED ads) and seating is more forgiving, but Cashman was a terrible stadium that the Lights just adopted as their own.

Reactions: Summer Rose

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My feeling is they’re being kicked out of the A’s are showing up. I don’t know that it’s real but it could be plausible.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
My feeling is they’re being kicked out of the A’s are showing up. I don’t know that it’s real but it could be plausible.
Their competition is the NFL Raiders, the IFL Knighthawks. And apparently the XFL. How much professional US football does one market need?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The [Cashman] center is mostly used for locals events, but does host national events like the second 2008 Democratic presidential debate and the 2008-09 United States Bowling Congress Open Championships.

You learn something new every day.

Honestly surprised this place had any kind of pro sports at all.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Team averaged ~6k fans.
XFL or USFL probably at best would get 20K fans. Ideally, their chosen city would have an MLS team that they could use as their home. Short shedule of only 5 home games, so it should be managable to do 2 straight home games to then allow several days for the field to be prepped for the next MLS game. Or whatever the schedule the DC franchise uses to share with their MLS club.

What does the XFL covet more? Location of the city, in stadium fans, tv viewers?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
XFL or USFL probably at best would get 20K fans. Ideally, their chosen city would have an MLS team that they could use as their home. Short shedule of only 5 home games, so it should be managable to do 2 straight home games to then allow several days for the field to be prepped for the next MLS game. Or whatever the schedule the DC franchise uses to share with their MLS club.

What does the XFL covet more? Location of the city, in stadium fans, tv viewers?
St. Louis Battlehawks averaged a nice 35K last year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
St. Louis Battlehawks averaged a nice 35K last year.
SA at 15K
DC at 14.2K
SEA at 12.3K
ARL at 12K
Hou at 11.7K
ORL at 8.9K
LV at 6K

5 of the 8 teams hover in the 12-15K range. Which is what I would expect.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
In the old pre Raiders days they might have done better but man that's a horrible stadium for anything. Half the seats are in the end zone, just a terrible setup. Arlington looks terrible too. DC has a great setup for it and they seemed to have a very strong fan base all things considered. STL, Seattle, and SA are ok but still playing in front of a lot of empty seats leaves a lot to be desired. It really should do better in MLS stadiums that are well designed for the size of the crowd.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
XFL/USFL and MLS teams sharing stadiums definitely seems ideal
Scheduling would be the key for them to share. With just 5 home games you'd have to do 2 straight at home then on the road for 2. Gives the groundkeepers time to repair all of the dibits in the field from the trenches to have it ready for soccer. Then you can get in 3 MLS games before the XFL/USFL team returns from the road nearly 3 weeks later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad