XCOM 2 - Now On Consoles

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im being a total re-load ***** until ive done with my first playthrough

the timed objectives are so tough. rush and you get owned, set up ambushes and you run out of time D:

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
im being a total re-load ***** until ive done with my first playthrough

the timed objectives are so tough. rush and you get owned, set up ambushes and you run out of time D:

Yeah, me too.:laugh:

I had a Ranger try to sword a Muton when I learned that there was a counterattack mechanic... and my Ranger suffered 10 damage and died. I was like, "Nope!", and reload the save. :laugh:

This game is pretty great though. It's living up to the hype for me.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
New sectoids are freaky. Don't forget: there are already 3 mods available from the workshop, they were done by the guys who did the Long War mod for EU.

Wonder if we'll see any face mods, the ones they have are kind of meh. I can understand if they wanted to go with a gritty feel, but most of them make everyone like they're 40 years old

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Been reading about performance issues on the cesspool that is GAF.

Anyone on here having any issues?

Things disappearing randomly, excruciating load times, random framerate dips, and none of it seems to be tied to the settings (same problems if I'm running on Ultra or Low).

Nothing game-breaking yet, but immersion-breaking for sure.

On that note, I'm pretty sure I'm already at the point where I just can't win. I was trying not to re-load whenever things would go south, and...yeah...I've got nothing but rookies that get one-hit killed now. I have no interest in being coddled, but this game just kicks your right down the stairs the second you blink :laugh:

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Been reading about performance issues on the cesspool that is GAF.

Anyone on here having any issues?

could be a little better, but its running fine for me with some options turned down

still no game ready driver remember, so again I wont say anything till its out

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
Load times are expected as it is not on my SSD, and even so 20 secs to load at most is fine (at least no worse than most games). Only performance issue I have had is the occasional framerate drop, but running on the highest settings I expect that to happen.

My biggest problem is the AI and their ability to reanimate the dead as well as when they turn humans into superpowered forms. Seems overpowered to me but perhaps I will get tech to overcome it so not too arsed about it.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Game chugs a fair bit for me but my hardware isn't exactly top of the line. Little bit disappointing as the previous XCOM game ran great for me. Still very playable though.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I love that the AWC can give soldiers abilities outside of their class. I just got a Grenadier with Kill Zone. OpieOP

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Going to start it up soon..any early game tips? Things to invest in or such? I know someone said to get Flashbangs early.

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
Real petty gripe, but Western United States or Eastern United States when it is mostly Canada. They should have gone with Western/Easten North America. It is petty and silly, but just a gripe.

I also modded out time limits to missions. It feels like there are no tactics when you need to rush up the middle to beat the timer (but I suck so whatever [I also save scum so shoot me]).

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Real petty gripe, but Western United States or Eastern United States when it is mostly Canada. They should have gone with Western/Easten North America. It is petty and silly, but just a gripe.

I also modded out time limits to missions. It feels like there are no tactics when you need to rush up the middle to beat the timer (but I suck so whatever [I also save scum so shoot me]).

I hate timed stuff, and i also suck, can you please direct me how to easily mod it to get rid of the timers too?

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
some of the soldiers people are making on the r/XCOM are hilarious

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Thanks. I "subcribed"/Dled both but now I don't know what to do, or how to find them. Sorry for the n00b question :(

just launch the game, it will show you a list of mods you have, just check which ones you want the game to load and you're good

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Just finished downloading the game, went to start it up and...

"The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for XCOM 2"

Great. So maybe I'll eventually get to play the game I just spent $80 on.

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
Just finished downloading the game, went to start it up and...

"The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for XCOM 2"

Great. So maybe I'll eventually get to play the game I just spent $80 on.

Pretty much any problem like this can be solved by A) restarting Steam and B) verifying integrity of cache. No need to panic just yet...

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
just launch the game, it will show you a list of mods you have, just check which ones you want the game to load and you're good

Ah, sounds easy enough! Still haven't booted the game up, I keep having to run out and I want to make sure i have a nice 3-4 hour block straight where I can play it before I dive in :laugh:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Wonder if the Steam Sale will impact XCOM 2 sales. Lot of valuable front page time lost.

These games are always about the long tail sales. I always sort by top seller anyways, and I don't see Xcom dropping off of there anytime soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad