XCOM 2 - Now On Consoles

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
In AngryJoe's interview with the XCOM guys, they said a certain amount of that was just for the demo and wouldn't necessarily make it to the game or be in every mission.

thats a shame, would be awesome

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Really enjoyed the first one, especially with the expansion.

Took the terrific Enemy Unknown and Terror of the Deep gameplay and updated it for the modern gamer.

Playing on Ironman really teaches you the finer points of the game and gives you immense satisfaction when you start reeling off missions without casualties.

I was nervous about trying it, but it makes for a much more entertaining experience.

It's a pretty unique game concept out there right now so I'm glad it's getting support.

Now I'm jonesing to re-install it. ;)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
no Mac? that's a shame. :(

or console.

In this case, "PC" appears to mean Windows, MacOS and Linux.

IGN said:
This November, XCOM 2 will appear exclusively on PC (Windows, Mac OS, and Linux), delivered through Steam.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/05/why-xcom-2-had-to-be-pc-exclusive

Also, the official website, xcom.com, displays the MacOS and Linux logos for this sequel.

As for consoles, that article says that the developers haven't ruled out console versions in the future. That'll probably mean waiting at least a year, though, like GTA5 in reverse.

Last edited:

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
delayed to February

kinda salty, but at least I can focus on Fallout 4 now

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!

Wow, this game looks like it's going to be real good.

Edit: To me, just the fact that they removed the 'activating enemies' trap improves the game a lot automatically.

And I'm impressed at how much stuff there is in this game. I mean, what are they going to add in a expansion? :laugh: (Mind you, they could just go with small DLC I suppose)

It looks like they are using the theme brilliantly as well.

Last edited:

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland
Lol..
"multiplatform release" aka made for consoles and we get a good and fun but seriously dumbed down game.
PC release and we get billion times more polished and well thought out product, sadly some mechanics stayed like 2 action movement system but seems more worthy of the xcom name.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Lol..
"multiplatform release" aka made for consoles and we get a good and fun but seriously dumbed down game.
PC release and we get billion times more polished and well thought out product, sadly some mechanics stayed like 2 action movement system but seems more worthy of the xcom name.

Okay.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Lol..

I think this more due to the fact that this is basically their second and a half iteration of the franchise (since Enemy Within did shake things up a bit) than it being multiplatform.

Really pumped for this game but year of the backlog means I don't get to play it for a long while.

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland
I think this more due to the fact that this is basically their second and a half iteration of the franchise (since Enemy Within did shake things up a bit) than it being multiplatform.

Really pumped for this game but year of the backlog means I don't get to play it for a long while.

I dont think it is. I think the original game would have looked more like the new XCOM if it was PC only. Reason for that is that they cant make lot of "FLUFF" in their UI or have lot of different systems due to it being too much to navigate in consoles. But yes they left out of of the compromises they made to the game due to console restrictions like 2 point movement system and limited cover system. You could play CIV5 technically on controllers and it would work, but what woulnd work is navigating the menus.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm not so sure why you seem so down on the 2 point movement system.

I agree that it's more restricting that in the old games but I don't think that it is necessarily a bad thing either.

We also have to come to terms with the idea that games need to sell very well nowadays, complex gameplay is a barrier to that and one that is rather easily surmountable with ingenious design (which I think the 2 point movement is).

Notice how a lot of the feedback on the game has people talking about the flow of the combat missions being so much better since you are now the aggressor, a streamlined movement system is a big part of that flow.

Now, to be clear, I'm not saying complex is bad, just that it's stuff that is better left to mods for the hardcore crowd because, at the end of the day, we all want more games and for that happen we need games to sell well.

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland
I'm not so sure why you seem so down on the 2 point movement system.

I agree that it's more restricting that in the old games but I don't think that it is necessarily a bad thing either.

We also have to come to terms with the idea that games need to sell very well nowadays, complex gameplay is a barrier to that and one that is rather easily surmountable with ingenious design (which I think the 2 point movement is).

Notice how a lot of the feedback on the game has people talking about the flow of the combat missions being so much better since you are now the aggressor, a streamlined movement system is a big part of that flow.

Now, to be clear, I'm not saying complex is bad, just that it's stuff that is better left to mods for the hardcore crowd because, at the end of the day, we all want more games and for that happen we need games to sell well.

I am not saying its a bad system, its good system, but is is also an worse system than AP is. 2 point system was great on consoles, it was one of the few strategy/tactics games i have ever played on consoles that worked flawlessly, but that doesnt mean that i prefer it over the genre standard which is AP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad