Xbox One Multiplayer Lag

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I moved into an apartment recently. I got my Xbox One connected to the wifi, but noticed a lot of lag when playing online (mostly NHL 18). I tried plugging it in but it didn't make much of a difference.

I got my internet upgraded (they supply you with the internet, but you can pay extra a month to get higher speeds). I ran a network test and it said I had a 100% connection, download speeds of 50+mbps and upload speeds of 10+mbps.

These seem pretty high to me, at least higher than what I had before and had little to no lag. Could someone give me advance or something?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Are you strict? If so.

Go to settings, network, and test multiplayer connection. I think you hit both bumpers and triggers and then hit back when another screen pops up. It should put you to moderate.

Other then that all I can say is hard reset the console.

Could it be it's just the game? Try a different one. Usually it's people's wifi or slow internet when lag happens

Oh and also sometimes when your downloading something it kills the Xbox. (Sometimes my audio messes up or I start lagging)

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
With NHL it could also be you don't have host and your opponent is hosting the match on his xbox.

You're kind of at the mercy of their ping time. Or server distance. Could be a number of things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad