Player Discussion Xavier Ouellet: The X-Man

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Don't know what it'll give, I remember seeing him in junior and thought he had an NHL future, just loved the way he skated with the puck.

Our left side is wide open this year anyway, so who knows, maybe it'll give him the incentives to push it further.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Xavier deserve to start the season in mtl... to detroit, its very difficult for a young dman, they dont have a lot of ice time if we compare with forwards. I wont be ssurprise if xavier suceed in mtl, he gots all tools...

Reactions: Fixxer

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Xavier deserve to start the season in mtl... to detroit, its very difficult for a young dman, they dont have a lot of ice time if we compare with forwards. I wont be ssurprise if xavier suceed in mtl, he gots all tools...
He averaged 16:16 minutes of TOI in DET, that's far from terrible. In comparison, Tinordi was playing 13:15 on avg here.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I wish him the best. Probably ends up in Laval but if he can carve himself a spot on this team that would be great.

Hopefully this allows the habs to cash in on some picks by moving Benn and Schlemko. I can see a 4th and 5th.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think he ends up on the team in that 6-8 role.

Probably Reilly-Petry, Alzner-Juulsen, Mete-Benn/Schlemko to start. Then Schlemko/Benn, Ouellet, Valiev. He played a lot on the right side in Detroit, as Detroit never developed a RHD. I think his polyvalence keeps him around. Could supplant Reilly.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

I remember he was a pretty good skater in juniors, but he never really evolved it past his draft days. At his age, he probably knows that if he wants a serious career, it's now or never, so I'm glad he puts an emphasis on his technique.

Who knows, he may be a surprise. A 'BargainBin special', one of those who reap rewards.

Reactions: Fixxer

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think he ends up on the team in that 6-8 role.

Probably Reilly-Petry, Alzner-Juulsen, Mete-Benn/Schlemko to start. Then Schlemko/Benn, Ouellet, Valiev. He played a lot on the right side in Detroit, as Detroit never developed a RHD. I think his polyvalence keeps him around. Could supplant Reilly.
Lernout will get a shot at the bottom pairing right d spot. We sure have an abundance of borderline bottom pairing d! As in, if Juulsen and Mete aren't ready, everyone except for Petry.

That makes 1 top 4 d man and 9 borderline bottom pair dmen, in a year our GM should be playing for his job. No top six centers and we just traded our best offensive player for another small winger with mediocre numbers. You can't make this stuff up.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I remember he was a pretty good skater in juniors, but he never really evolved it past his draft days. At his age, he probably knows that if he wants a serious career, it's now or never, so I'm glad he puts an emphasis on his technique.

Who knows, he may be a surprise. A 'BargainBin special', one of those who reap rewards.

I like to call them MB's "happy accidents".

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is he a good fit with Weber once Weber is back healthy? Send Mete down to the AHL?

Quellet / Weber
Reilly / Petry
Alzner / Juulsen

Benn, Schlemko

Before Weber comes back... This also allows for two spare forwards.

Reilly / Petry
Quellet / Schlemko
Alzner / Juulsen

Benn

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Anyone over Schlemko and Benn, I wouldn't give too much attention on how Reilly and Ouellet have been handling pre-season games though

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
When Weber's back:

Mete Weber
Reilly Petry
Ouellet Juulsen
Valiev

Before Weber's back:

Reilly Petry
Mete Juulsen
Ouellet Valiev
one of Schlemko, Alzner, Benn

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anyone over Schlemko and Benn, I wouldn't give too much attention on how Reilly and Ouellet have been handling pre-season games though

Yeah, but since we're rebuilding I would give them the opportunity to see what they can do playing regularly at the NHL level - can they attain a level of consistency. But Julien will go with Schlemko, Benn, and Alzner anyways.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Who's in and who's out if Mete stays? I'm pretty sure the plan is to keep Benn and Schlemko as spares. Maybe one of them is waived or traded. What's your D line-up if Quellet makes it?

I have
Mete- Juulsen as a pair of the future so play them together n0w to build chemistry
Ouellet/Reilly - Petry
Alzner-Shlemko

One of Ouellet/Reilly is the spare. Benn gets waived

When Weber comes back Shlemko is the odd man out barring injury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad