X900 skate warranty

Morgan

Jan 28, 2019
so let’s just say one bought a decently expensive pair of skates and in his first few ice sessions managed to get a humungous scratch on the side of said skate, would Bauer replace these (as the store wouldn’t) and/or how would he fix the current skates?

*this image may be confronting to some viewers*

Attachments

• A3AAC25F-AF5F-4FCF-AEC4-F3B8033A2E9B.jpeg
    A3AAC25F-AF5F-4FCF-AEC4-F3B8033A2E9B.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 46

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
It's a 90 day warranty, but I would be surprised if they honored it in this instance because based on that picture, it looks purely cosmetic. How deep is the gash?

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Grodon

Apr 9, 2017
Someone had a worse looking failure on their boot, and this is the response he got

"Good Morning,
Thank you for taking the time to email Bauer. We are sorry to hear that you have experienced an issue with your skates. Bauer's warranty on the skate boot is 90 days from the purchase date and it covers against manufacturing defects only. This is the standard warranty within this industry and it does apply to all retailers and consumers the same. Due to the aggressive nature of this sport, there is no telling how or when damages can occur to all equipment including skates. Participation in this sport does imply acceptance of some risk of damages occurring however, any game or impact-related damages or wear and tear, would not be covered by the warranty.
Regrettably, the 90-day warranty does not cover any game or impact-related damages such as skate cuts, punctures or cracks. These damages are a result of impacts from a skate or a puck and are not manufacturing defects, and therefore these skates would not be eligible for replacement. Skates are not made of Kevlar and can sustain cuts, punctures, cracks, abrasions, etc.
We would recommend that you have the skate cut/puncture sealed to prevent water infiltration from further damaging the boot.
We are very sorry but as the skate cut/puncture/crack is a result of game-related impact, these skates would not be covered by the warranty."

Basically, if it's game-related, they won't fix it. You could always try though.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
i highly doubt they would replace based on that, but you could always send them the pic and see.

Yerk Toader

Oct 1, 2009
San Fernando Valley
I have a pair of the XR500 Inlines. You should see them after 1 game on concrete. Definitely not a great material for the exterior of a boot. I do love how they feel on my feet tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->