OT: X. Tune in The Hockey World, Turn it Up, and Keep it On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Well it's a good result for Dallas tonight.. Winnipeg is definitely looking weak as of late. They've had some very uninspiring performances against some mediocre teams - probably a function of the blue line injuries but still.

Dallas just needs this good play to hold up another week or two and we'll be right back even with that group of teams.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Vlasic scores with 3 seconds left to keep the game from going to OT and keeping a point away from Winnipeg. LA and Winnipeg are now the wildcards with 47 points and 40 games played for both. By the end of the week any 2 of Winnipeg, LA, Calgary and Dallas could be the wildcards and we'll still have a game in hand on the other 3 teams I think.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
What's it like actually living in the city (if you are) during the hockey season and especially when this stuff goes down? I can only imagine...:laugh:

I'm a stone's throw from the city so not entirely at the heart of it all.....but I'm still very much entrenched in "Leaf Nation", and during hockey season there really is no escape. As good as the Raptors/Jays/Toronto FC/Argos can be, they will forever play second fiddle to the mighty Maple Leafs. Of course this may someday change, perhaps in a time where there isn't a waiting list to buy season tickets, and the fans are finally fed up with decades of just-not-quite-good-enough hockey.

Most of the Leafs fans I know are pretty jaded by now; many of whom older than me and can vividly remember the awful Ballard years. But it's times like this, days like today, where everyone just cracks jokes about the Leafs, or rolls their eyes. When they're playing like crap, or a coach gets fired, everyone tunes in to our plethora of media faces who give their $0.02 and ramble on endlessly about where the team goes from here. Hell, I heard the names "Kessel" and "Babcock" about thirty times each, during my drive home, and that was while switching between the two main sports stations.

Hence the "Hockey Mecca" name we've bestowed upon our city.

We figure the performance of the team should be irrelevant. :laugh:

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
The Great Brent Krahn. Man, is he ever massive.

B62XLA6CYAA6jv_.jpg:large

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
It says "FlamesTV" so there's a clue..

WPG is losing so there's that.. Cmon Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad