Post-Game Talk: [x-Toronto Maple Leafs] Win 4-1

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I'd like to see Keefe give some of the boys a rest tomorrow. Sub in Liljegren for Holl, Engvall for Thornton, Robertson for Galchenyuk, Rittich for Campbell, those sorts of moves. It's our last B2B game and I don't want to see anyone hurt in a meaningless game, give the others a chance to dangle their feet and provide some incentive for everyone to feel a part of the team. The rest of the season sees us with one 3 day break (May 4 and 7) and one 4 day break (May 9 and 13). We finish on the 15th. I'd like to see us win as many of our last 7 as possible, but I'd rather see the team rested, healthy, and an 'all hands on board/all for one, one for all' mentality bouncing through the dressing room. I'm curious to see if and how Keefe tries to slide in Andersen and Nash.
Its not meaningless if you want the Canada Cup or see a habs matchup. I don't want to fall out of 1st. It would be our 1st division title in 21 years.

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The boys played great tonight. The shot chart doesn't tell the whole story. For the most part we kept them to the outside and bad angles, low percentage shots. Couple breakdowns but Campbell was solid again. Matthews is a f***ing beauty.

I LOVE Sandin, he needs a permanent spot.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Didn't even notice Allen's reaction to Matthews until I watched Johnston's hit on SC. Allen just freezes after Matthews scored. He's like "really man? You're going to do that".

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Watching the game as we speak. I am liking that 4th line chemistry.

Jumbo really did seem to turn on a switch, looks a lot better.

Reactions: The Cobra

Zacman

Dec 14, 2009
Well played games, I think with how well Brooks has played as 4th Centre you keep him in the line up and swap Hyman in for Galchenyuk. He started pretty good but has been fading.

Nash would be the depth if Brooks cannot sustain his play and Engvall is last resort
Nash for kerfoot?

Reactions: Eric bungay

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
right. as much as Thornton has not been consistent this season, he seems to be waking up right in time for the playoffs. Almost as if he is saving all his energy for the playoffs. Spezza is playing spectacularly well, and has been consistently good

It’s his last shot at a cup and with Foligno in someone is going to have to sit when Hyman comes back
This guy is going to give everything he has left and crank up the intensity

Reactions: Eric bungay

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Solid win, not perfect, but they got the job done.

Thought after the third goal they sat back a bit and let Montreal hang in this game longer than they should have. Got a couple fo fortunate bounces along the way but I won't complain!

I guess the bonus to this is that they *should* have some energy for tonight :laugh:

Campbell looked rock solid
The PP scored and had some good looks
Matthews' goal was un-freakin'-real
Sandin was solid
The revamped fourth line looks good with Jumbo finding his legs and Brooks playing his role well

Anyway one step closer to clinching the division.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
jb.gif

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Its not meaningless if you want the Canada Cup or see a habs matchup. I don't want to fall out of 1st. It would be our 1st division title in 21 years.

The emotional scarring this team has inflicted upon its fan base, legend! Fear not friend, I 100% guarantee a first place finish. Ok, would you accept an 88% chance + a signed stick from Matthews...a 65% hope and my used sweater from tyke? Go Leafs Go :laugh:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Campbell is your game 1 playoff starter. Look at the Leafs record with him in net. It's almost perfect. Look at his stats. It would be crazy to go with anyone else. He is the game 1 playoff starter for me.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I thought Galchenyuk was the hardest working guy on his line last night, the other two were coasting a bit and JT had same big time giveaways. I wouldn’t want to scratch Chucky just yet, he’s still has more talent than anybody on lines 3/4 and he works pretty hard.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Campbell is your game 1 playoff starter. Look at the Leafs record with him in net. It's almost perfect. Look at his stats. It would be crazy to go with anyone else. He is the game 1 playoff starter for me.

I would think so

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
The way Galchenyuk is working, makes me think he'd look more than fine on a 3rd line (shutdown centric line) come playoffs.

Hyman - Matthews- Marner
Foligno-Tavares -Nylander
Galchenyuk-Nash-Mikhayev
Thornton/Spezza/Kerfoot/Simmonds/Brooks

I'm fighting myself to choose who to sit!

If Nash spots in and looks like the Defensive minded C we need.... it makes things even harder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->